• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Blink and get Inked Splatoon tourney! November 28!

Pandapearfruit

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Jchalla
A ranked battle tournament with a competitive edge
I'm looking for 16 teams to join, but I'm willing to enlarge the amount of teams
Here are the rules of the tournament
If you would like to enter, just sign up on the challonge and the google form.
Stay fresh!:)
:head_eye005:
:clothes_jkt003:
:shoes_shi005:

Last edited:

Njok

Bouncer
Allright i tried to get you on discord but you're not responding, so i'll do it here:

1. "The definition of a match in this tournament is when you play all three kinds of ranked battles (splat zones, tower control, and rainmaker specifically in that order)" This is pretty strange imo. It's basically a BO3, but you have to play the third game regardless of the score?
2. Point 1, along with this being a single elimination tournament, sounds like a very speedy tournament. I personally don't like it, but i can't speak for others.
3. It starts at pretty much the worst time ever for European teams (Sunday night 10 PM!)
4. You mention having to fill out a tournament form but both your links lead to the challonge website. How are you keeping track of the rosters of every team?
5. "You must also talk to the the T.O. via discord to call the currently played match as an official match which will be up and running during the tournament." Quite unsure what you mean with this. You also say that communication with the TO will be through skype in the very next sentence.
6. DC rule is very short and should at least be combined with a deadline for when each round should end or it could potentially slow the tournament down a lot.

Once again, i do not mean to sh*t on your tournament, but it just looks like you haven't really thought this through. There is a bunch of people who are willing to help you with that, if you'd like that.

I actually think having a small tournament on this date is great since a bunch of teams are not going to be making day 2 of Inkstorm. If you can get fill out the details for this, i am sure it will get filled up eventually.

Icky

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Lillyfield18
I really think you need to engage the help of @Njok and other experienced T.Os @Pandapearfruit .

Just uploading random tournaments this half-arsedly is going to result in nothing every time. Please take Njok's advice and get some help organising this, these kind of short tourneys could be a great addition to the community if organised properly.

Drluigi

Inkling
NNID
Drluigi1337
Ok I have a question. Do we NEED a stream? Currently, no one on my team has a capture card to record matches.

EDIT: Nvm I just noticed it was optional. I signed InkBound up for this. :D

Last edited:

Pandapearfruit

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Jchalla
I updated the Google doc

Ok I have a question. Do we NEED a stream? Currently, no one on my team has a capture card to record matches.

EDIT: Nvm I just noticed it was optional. I signed InkBound up for this. :D
You don't need a stream

I'm thinking about pushing the date and time of the tournament back.
How do you guys like Saturday, the 28th of November at 1:00?
@Drluigi

Last edited by a moderator:

Pandapearfruit

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Jchalla
Sorry. I was not thinking time through. 1:00 was mountain time. Its actually 12:00 PT/3:00 EST
Again, sorry for the confusion.

@crunchgames, theres a point I forgot to mention. You can enter up to 2 teams from a single team (sorry for late reply)

Last edited by a moderator:

Scarlor

Full Squid
NNID
scarlor
So when is this tournament actually taking place because it says 22nd at the top but your saying about pushing it back to the 28th (which I personally think is better) could u clear a few things up because I want to enter my team but I'm not sure what's currently going on

Scarlor

Full Squid
NNID
scarlor
also is the discord server up and is there final information on how its gonna be set out and stuff as i really want to enter this tournament

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
Ok dude quick question do I need Skype twitch discord or them accounts because I have none there not safe I mean you could contact me through my NNID erm is there already 16 teams if there's not my squad would like to participate I will fill in the forms later as I'm holding auditions for the best members of my crew

Also can we clear up times and dates first!! Does it take place on the 28th
Does it take place at 12:00 est 1:00 est or 3:00 est

shudder

Senior Squid
I've registered my team but please clarify the actual start time for the 28th, thanks.

Scarlor

Full Squid
NNID
scarlor
Ok signed up My team I'm just waiting for the last bits of information

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
Ok signed up My team I'm just waiting for the last bits of information
I know I we need the timings confirmation like right now

Any ways I've signed up on challonge and its instantly paired me up against teamkaxe

I just need to fill in the form

Wait I'm English you didn't even give a timing for England as it doesn't come under PT or EST England is UCT

Last edited:

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
I have filled the form in is it ok if I didn't put the NNID of my members they only wanted me to put their nicknames not NNID

Dude I just did the maths I'm a European player Uk to be exact and so is my team this means if we want to participate we would have to take part in the tournament at 7pm is there anyway you can push the time back a couple more hours

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom