Blob balance/rework ideas

Lisku

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/him
I know, so I gave a serious reply. You suggested deleting it which is out of the question. I then provided counterplay to the Blob, which I personally feel is fine as is. I genuinely believe it's balanced.
i don’t think you understand, I suggested deleting as a joke

McSquid82

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
He/him
NNID
Ewel
Switch Friend Code
SW-7398-4915-8969
i don’t think you understand, I suggested deleting as a joke
Read my last post before yours, specifically the first two words. You're the one not understanding here, buddy.

isaac4

Inkling Cadet
I really think nerfing the paint from the blobs could be good but I don't want the weapon to have a hard time painting a path for itself.
Maybe making it so that aiming the blobs closer to your feet can give you more paint to work with for swimming away would be a good change if the paint spam aspect of the weapon gets worse. The blobs already go less far if you aim them closer to the ground anyway, so it's not like the weapon could just aim down to get back its old paint spam playstyle.

Lisku

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/him
Read my last post before yours, specifically the first two words. You're the one not understanding here, buddy.
ok, so you started an argument over something you knew was a harmless joke

McSquid82

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
He/him
NNID
Ewel
Switch Friend Code
SW-7398-4915-8969
ok, so you started an argument over something you knew was a harmless joke
No, I believe in one of my responses that the Blob is perfectly balanced the way it is now, which is the real point of this thread. No more jokes, harmless or otherwise, no more arguing. It actually got buffed in this game's life cycle, which is exactly what it needed. MPU is gone, and it needed something to boost its turfing. The weapon has a unique identity which other sloshers don't have. And that's long range with no fall-off damage. It doesn't need nerfs.

Last edited:

McSquid82

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
He/him
NNID
Ewel
Switch Friend Code
SW-7398-4915-8969
what the hell is happening in this thread man
I'm sorry it got a little sidetracked but I said my piece. Anyway, the relevant part of my last post is the second half. In a nutshell, I believe the blob is perfectly balanced. Anyway didn't mean to derail the thread arguing over nothing with Lisku.

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
In a nutshell, I believe the blob is perfectly balanced.
I agree that it's balanced (meaning it's not too strong or too weak) but that doesn't mean there aren't problems with it.

As I see it, there are two main problems. The first is that its ideal playstyle is to sit back and paint from a distance (because it's terrible at actual aggression) and the second is that the blobs are super easy to dodge for faster weapons and don't do very much, but are very annoying to dodge for slower weapons since their endlag makes it next to impossible to do anything in time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom