Blob balance/rework ideas

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
The playstyle blob is best suited for is not a great one. How can the weapon be changed to promote a different playstyle, while making it feel like a completely different weapon as little as possible?

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
Chara made a video that had a blob rework but I don't remember which one
It was something about the blobs going faster for the first couple bounces

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
Chara made a video that had a blob rework but I don't remember which one
It was something about the blobs going faster for the first couple bounces
this video.
I think 2.5x before the first bounce and 1.75x speed before the second bounce is a bit too much. But I like how this makes it easier to actually fight things.

Cephalobro

One thing I don't like is how the damage is the same even if the bubbles bounce off the walls, I think a good nerf would be reduced damage of the bubbles bouncing off walls, this would make it a lot more balanced and overall less cheap of a weapon.

But the buff I would give in return is an object shredder buff to help wear down things like the Big Bubbler or certain Brella shields faster.

Splatoon 3 as a whole needs less "race to lock down the opposite team" gameplay, which is why I loved Marlin Airport because it's more likely to prevent that with how much more open it is. And I also why I had such a big problem with most of the game's stages because of how easy it is for a team to lock down the opposite team.

Last edited:

Madman46i

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-1110-7787-6032
Yeah Im a blob fan and all (shocking), but yeah I get why people hate it. I feel like it could be simply fixed though but making the bubbles come out closer together, making it less bullet hell cause they're closer together. Then they all start off the same size but get smaller with each bounce, making it more reliable at hitting up close but not from a distance, and worse with bouncing off walls. These both give blob something that could make it able to more reliably defend itself, yet not be an annoying rat from a distance.

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
I don't think we can change the bubble size over time, but I really like the idea of making them come out closer together. That would give it a faster kill time up close, making it better at defending itself, but from a distance the only noticeable difference would be that they're easier to dodge and they would be less annoying.

I think making it so that all 4 bubbles take up the amount of space that the first 3 used to take up would be a good amount.

Madman46i

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-1110-7787-6032
I don't think we can change the bubble size over time
Ngl, I didnt know you were actually making this, but code wise if you can find where it bounces, then you can just reduce the projectile size when it bounces. If you cant find out how to do that then maybe just make the blobs all the same size so they cant scatter without a flick.

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
Ngl, I didnt know you were actually making this, but code wise if you can find where it bounces, then you can just reduce the projectile size when it bounces.
Sometimes I wish we could just edit the code. But we can't.

If you cant find out how to do that then maybe just make the blobs all the same size so they cant scatter without a flick.
They already don't scatter without a flick. Each blob moves in the direction the camera is pointing when the blob spawned, so if the camera stays put, the blobs all go in the same direction. The reason they appear to scatter much more than the camera moves is that even

I think the spacing will be enough of a change and we shouldn't need to change the blob size or anything, but if another change does end up being necessary, we could slightly increase both the initial velocity of the blobs and how fast they slow down.

Madman46i

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-1110-7787-6032
They already don't scatter without a flick. Each blob moves in the direction the camera is pointing when the blob spawned, so if the camera stays put, the blobs all go in the same direction. The reason they appear to scatter much more than the camera moves is that even
No what I meant is if the player strafes, the blobs are slightly spaced to the side, the if that hits a corner of a wall, they just scatter (or on VERY rare occasions the big blobs may hit a wall the little blobs dont and then some end up bouncing but others dont, causing them to scatter).

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
No what I meant is if the player strafes, the blobs are slightly spaced to the side, the if that hits a corner of a wall, they just scatter (or on VERY rare occasions the big blobs may hit a wall the little blobs dont and then some end up bouncing but others dont, causing them to scatter).
Them being closer together should make that less of a problem.

Catloafman

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
Fella
Really I think the only problem with blob is the long range paint
I would just decrease its range but blob needs its range in order to bounce properly
making it paint better only before the first bounce and nerf the paint after the first bounce I think would solve it promoting more varied positions instead of just sitting back spamming paint

I really like the concept of a 1 shot slosh bouncing projectile weapon and I hope they change it to make it more interesting

McSquid82

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
He/him
NNID
Ewel
Switch Friend Code
SW-7398-4915-8969
deleting it from the game would probably be a good Nerf
Sorry, but just because you've lost to it sometimes and are feeling salty doesn't justify deleting a weapon from the game. If every weapon that people got salty about were deleted from the game there would be none left.

☆Oblivion☆

Senior Squid
Pronouns
She/Her
NNID
Oblivion_spl
Switch Friend Code
SW-8277-3410-3718
Sorry, but just because you've lost to it sometimes and are feeling salty doesn't justify deleting a weapon from the game. If every weapon that people got salty about were deleted from the game there would be none left.
Seems like you don't know what a joke is.

Anyhow, blob definitely deserves a nerf, its damage should be the main focus point and should be used as a poking tool rather than a all blobs from the weapon kills kinda situation.

Lisku

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/him
ok

Last edited:

McSquid82

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
He/him
NNID
Ewel
Switch Friend Code
SW-7398-4915-8969
Well excuse me for not finding your joke very funny. And judging from your response, you probably have lost to it a few times. I have too. Seriously though, the weapon has some glaring weaknesses. It can be flanked by anything a lot of mid to long range weapons. Its sloshing speed isn't nearly as fast as you think, and its ink consumption got nerfed in the past game. On top of that, even short range weapons with enough mobility can dance circles around it. I've destroyed a ton of Blob users with brushes and dualies. When they have the advantage of positioning, they're very strong indeed. But catch them by surprise and you can typically splat them before they have a chance to react.

Last edited:

Lisku

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/him
Well excuse me for not finding your joke very funny. And judging from your response, you probably have lost to it a few times. I have too. Seriously though, the weapon has some glaring weaknesses. It can be flanked by anything a lot of mid to long range weapons. Its sloshing speed isn't nearly as fast as you think, and its ink consumption got nerfed in the past game. On top of that, even short range weapons with enough mobility can dance circles around it. I've destroyed a ton of Blob users with brushes and dualies. When they have the advantage of positioning, they're very strong indeed. But catch them by surprise and you can typically splat them before they have a chance to react.
its genuinely not that serious, live a little

McSquid82

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
He/him
NNID
Ewel
Switch Friend Code
SW-7398-4915-8969
its genuinely not that serious bro
I know, so I gave a serious reply. You suggested deleting it which is out of the question. I then provided counterplay to the Blob, which I personally feel is fine as is. I genuinely believe it's balanced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom