Bluefin Tricolor Impressions?

Linneus

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Linneus
Switch Friend Code
SW-4891-1092-0917
I feel like I don't have strong feelings about this map because I realized... I think I don't like Tricolor. Almost always the optimal defender strat is "go to the attackers' spawn and kill them. sit in their base for three minutes and KEEP THEM THERE."

This map is just so small that there's nothing else to do if you don't keep the attackers at their tiny spawn. I kinda just felt like I stood in one spot the entire time, but tricolor on offense always feels like "just stay here, because it's extremely hostile anywhere else".

MandatoryCatalyst

Pro Squid
Pronouns
Any
Switch Friend Code
SW-2709-1571-0800
You could always do Heavy Edit! Still a strong Splatling on defense, but as Attacker, you've got the perfect set-- Cooler for "i need to just respawn immediately for a reckless play" and Curling Bomb for "i'm just gonna go for it".
Fair point! I haven't played much Heavy Edit (I played it a bit at release, and enjoyed it! I just was also in the midst of my 5 star ntri grind and wasn't really looking to pick up any new weapons), so it's definitely worth a shot!

Løvelyn

Inkling
Pronouns
She/her
The map seems very defender favored, with the only ways attackers can get into mid is through predictable one-way drops
The first Tricolor match I played on Bluefin the attacking teams took both ultra signals, and I still won playing defender
Not a fan of this one tbh
Completely agree. Now that it's over and after playing there a lot, I can definitely say it favored Defending team way too much even if both signals are taken.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom