Premium
Switch Friend Code
SW-5474-3002-8338
I think the only mode I like on BlueFin is only Tower and that's about it

Lisku

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/him
I really like the splat zones mode on it. It’s genuinely really fun.

DzNutsKong

Inkling Cadet
I think it's not great, but fine. The big drop makes the map feel more choke-pointy than most others in the game since any competent opponents will be able to lock down both sides and it's easy to see every approach option at once with only a small amount of coordination. You cannot contest weapons that are over that ledge unless you yourself are using a very long-range main weapon or are able to pop your special. If there was another way up that was a bit more difficult to see then the map would be great even if retake would be difficult, but here we are.

Jadestrouble

Inkling
Pronouns
She/Her
Switch Friend Code
SW-1483-7141-0247
Bluefin is probably the weakest Splatoon 1 map, and I don't think Splatoon 2 has a worse map than bluefin. I think Moray Towers comes close and is regarded poorly but it has a cult classic-type love for it. As far as Splatoon 3 goes it isn't particularly liked and due to it being a weak map and not having a charm that may boost it in public regard.

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
zones is fun casually because you don't need to push super far into their base. every mode that requires you to push forward sucks a lot and isn't fun which is unfortunately 3 out of the 4 ranked modes. the spawn lock also feels pretty bad but i think that's just a skill issue on my part so w/e. i still chose "i like it" though because zones is genuinely very fun on it for me

Lerno1

Inkling
I'm not a competitive player and I just strongly dislike Bluefin. My two most prominent backline weapons are Heavy and Ballpoint, neither of which has the range or poking ability to have a proper impact on any fight at mid from the safe high ground positions available. I have to put myself at a grave risk if I want to help my team out. It also means I am relatively helpless in defending against a charger moving on the tower. And as mentioned before, the chokepoint drops are just really problematic - they're too predictable, easily punishable, and difficult to quickly retreat on.

I also really dislike the left barrier between the two spawn regions, crossing the middle of the map - if you're trying to defend from high ground or control space on the initial phases of your attack it is needlessly time consuming to rotate to the other side. And if anyone flanks from there while your team is on defense it feels hard to retake. Just my 2 cents based on limited experience playing this stage

Alphine_Agnitio

Trans Bird Trans Bird 🏳‍⚧️
Switch Friend Code
SW-5178-8280-0912
Bottom 5 map imo, the verticality of the map makes it hard to push up on all modes except SZ and favors defenders too well due to the chokey nature of the left side of spawn being a drop off for players pushing into it and way too easy to defend both left and right on modes like CB/Rainmaker.

The SZ version of the map has a cute gimmick but I personally think it makes the map overall worse, its easy to lockout both sides of the map and hard to flank around to contest the zone by dropping on the opposite side its on.

The Tower path is pretty **** too tbh but its fixable and honestly a bit more tolerable than most.

Theres way too few paintable walls as per usual, and the main route up is either taking the elevators(which have a visual cue that is exploitable) or a exposed paintable wall that you can be easily shot from. I think SZ is like just barely tournament viable but I still wouldn't want to play it.

Aiko.Octo

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
she/her
I always try to give things tons of chances before ruling them as Bad but man, I had a clams rotation in bluefin a couple weeks ago that I'm still having nightmares about.

I will say that at least it's kind of interesting, terrain-wise, compared to some of the other maps. But I'm not sure that it's interesting in a way that's still fun to play after the novelty wears off.

MandatoryCatalyst

Pro Squid
Pronouns
Any
Switch Friend Code
SW-2709-1571-0800
I like it, but I'm not going to bat for it if someone says they don't, nor is it a favorite. I enjoy what the elevators bring to the stage, and I like it with Clams and Tower decently enough (...I don't think I've even played a single Rainmaker match on it. Whoops), but it's not like. fantastic. I like the atmosphere of the stage though!

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
If they made the side of that one wall paintable again it would be much better, but as it is now, dropping into mid is too dangerous and pushing up from mid is too dangerous so you're kind of just stuck

Madman46i

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-1110-7787-6032
Blue fin is mid, in clams its too hard to get to the basket even with kraken, in tower its hard to get it up to height, but then when its on their plat its hard for the defenders to fight it, in rm its like tower but you have to get a weaker player to do it and right check is just not good at all for offense, then zones restricts your only option to move between to two mids to two tiny predictable bridges when the zone is on one side, and makes it feel horrible to move on

OctoBlue

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
They/Them
Switch Friend Code
SW-3569-1668-1584
Did you guys know that you can jump from the elevators to the ramps? its small and a tight jump but it can help move across the stage in some modes

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
Did you guys know that you can jump from the elevators to the ramps? its small and a tight jump but it can help move across the stage in some modes
Doesn't keep you from getting shot though, unfortunately

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
yeah for sure but it can kinda be a surprise attack and position to take back the other side of the map possibly
The main problem is that you have to drop down onto the elevator and wait for it to move up, and that whole time you're extremely vulnerable

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom