• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Board Game and TabelTop Social!

Draayder

Inkling Cadet
I run a D&D session with friends over skype, so it's not technically tabletop anymore lol. We're doing a 5e campaign and I'm really liking the new edition, it takes out a lot of the stuff that made 4e pretty bland and not that interesting to me but also managed to not be just 3.5e with a new skin. I like the changes that make keeping track of numbers easier and the overhaul of the feat system, it was pretty badly needed.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I don't play a lot of board games, but I do like Monopoly because I'm a boring bobby. :P

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
One of my friends has a Legend of Zelda Monopoly set.

It's incredible :D
Ohh, yeah I've played that. It's great. :P

I also really like Chess. I've got the Super Mario chess set because Yoshi.

itisRag

friendly neighborhood rag
NNID
itisrag
I played a few board games when I was younger and have a bunch stored in various places, some that were used more than others. A favorite of mine that I recall getting use out of, aside from the classic Candy Land, was Crossfire. Remember the commercial?

Yaezakura

Pro Squid
Anyone ever play Settlers of Catan or Ticket to Ride? Those are some great board games!
Ah, Settlers of Catan... the one board game on earth more effective at ruining friendships than Monopoly...

I don't actually play a lot of board games, though I do have a Space Hulk set I manage to find an excuse to use every once in a while. And in case that's not a hint, I'm also a pretty big WarHammer 40,000 player. I run Eldar.

I'm much more active when it comes to tabletop RPGs, especially D&D, with splatterings of things like Shadowrun and Exalted. My girlfriend, though... hoo boy. I haven't even tried to count how many different game systems she owns books for. I don't think she even knows...

Rhino47

thInk Tank Captain
NNID
Rhino47
I usually play Munchkin or Boss Monster when I get together with friends. I highly recommend Boss Monster to pretty much any gamer. You're a "Boss" and you have to build up your dungeon to kill the heroes that enter. Lots of fun.

Cynlet

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Guantcynlet
I don't play board games, but I played many D&D like table top games. Heard of Fate Accelerated? Or Maid? Yeah its pretty obscure but I played those with my buddies once a month.

itisRag

friendly neighborhood rag
NNID
itisrag
I don't play board games, but I played many D&D like table top games. Heard of Fate Accelerated? Or Maid? Yeah its pretty obscure but I played those with my buddies once a month.
Don't know about Maid, but I know what Old Maid is. :cool:

Cynlet

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Guantcynlet
Don't know about Maid, but I know what Old Maid is. :cool:
Well. they are very simplified versions of D&D that doesn't require a long set up and only relies on story telling and dice.

Xadus

Inkling Tactician
NNID
JainaSuila
I'm going to grave dig this thread and see if we can get it moved to the Squid Social forum. rofl

Anyway, I am currently huge into the X-wing miniatures game(I'm mostly an imperial player) by FFG.
I also like to play Takenoko, Catan, Betrayal at the House on the Hill, and the LOTR LCG among other things.

I also used to play MTG and Yu-Gi-Oh once upon a time.

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
i stopped playing board games for a while, until i stumbled upon a near perfect copy of thunderstone:dragonspire with two expansions at the thrift shop for $3. I instantly loved deck-building games after that, and have bought a few expansions for it, and the legendary encounters alien game. I'm thinking of sleeving thunderstone, but that's gonna be quite the financial commitment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom