Booyah Battle 4

FailureKnight

Inkling
NNID
Failure_Knight
Hello everyone! Booyah Battle 4 is upon us, and I know a number of members have expressed interest in attending, so here's the thread where I'd like to organize that.

We need four confirmed players in order to register, but we can have up to 8. Information on the tournament can be found here.

The tournament begins at 1PM EST on Saturday, November 14th. Check-in is two hours prior, but I don't know if everyone is required for check-in or just team captains. I have asked the TO about this (and a few other things) and will update this post when I have better information.

So, what's expected of you if you join up? My only expectation at present is that you show up as promised on tournament day. Everyone who signs up and shows up will get a chance to play, as our focus for this tournament is skill development.

I would, however, like to get us some squad practice time in, and maybe even a scrimmage against another team late next week if I can swing it. Because we have so little time before the tournament, practice is going to be focused less on learning callouts and maps/modes and more on gelling as a team and basic communication. There will be more time to develop these particular skills later.

So, if you would like to participate in Booyah Battle 4 with Sniper, no Sniping!, please reply below with the following information:

In-Game Name:
NNID:
Definitely Attending or Maybe:
Best Weapon:
Other Good Weapons:
Best Game Mode:
Time Zone:
Availability During the Next Week:

This will allow me to get an idea as to the capabilities of our team and put together a practice schedule for us. Please reply as soon as you can; I will register our team just as soon as there are four confirmed players.

FailureKnight

Inkling
NNID
Failure_Knight
Here's my info:

In-Game Name: SNS * Raph
NNID: Failure_Knight
Definitely Attending or Maybe: Definitely
Best Weapon: Tentatek Splattershot
Other Good Weapons: N-ZAPs, Dynamo Roller, Splash-o-Matic, Sploosh-o-Matic
Best Game Mode: Splat Zones
Time Zone: CST
Availability During the Next Week: I am for all intents and purposes unavailable on 11/7, I am available all day 11/8, and in the evening hours after 6pm CST during the week next week.

Junokue

Inkling
NNID
Junokue
In-Game Name: SnS☆Coco
NNID: Junokue
Definitely Attending or Maybe: Definitely
Best Weapon: Slosher or Octobrush
Other Good Weapons: Dynamo Roller, Splattershots, Splattershot pros
Best GameMode: Rainmaker
Availability During the Next Week: Monday-Wednesday: anytime after 6 pm (CST) till 12am (CST) Thursday: anytime after 6pm Friday - Saturday: Anytime

Last edited:

HTroark

Inkling
NNID
HTroark
In-Game Name: Hunter
NNID: HTroark
Definitely Attending or Maybe: maybe
Best Weapon: .96 deco
Other Good Weapons: splat roller
Best Game Mode: tower
Availability During the Next Week: Most nights after 9 pm CST

SNS|Giamma

Inkling
NNID
GiammaKing
In-Game Name: SNS|Giamma
NNID: GiammaKing
Definitely Attending or Maybe: definitely
Best Weapon: Dynamo Roller
Other Good Weapons: .96 gal deco or Heavy splatling
Best Game Mode: Tower Control
Time Zone: +1 Greenwich Meridian
Availability During the next week: Most Nights after 8:30 pm Greenwich Meridian. Saturday Anytime

Last edited:

FailureKnight

Inkling
NNID
Failure_Knight
Okay, we are signed up!

Everyone participating should join the Sniper, no Sniping! Challonge team. (For now, just let me know your Challonge username and I'll add you - Finn, I'll transfer ownership of the team to you once you've joined.)

Our team, as it stands so far, is:

SNS * Raph
SNS|Giamma
SNS|LPMFan
SnS☆Coco
Monty

Alternates:
SNS | Fin
Hunter

I can change the roster up until noon on Friday, so if anyone else wants to join, we can have up to 8!

Last edited:

FailureKnight

Inkling
NNID
Failure_Knight
I am still waiting to hear back from the TO on a couple questions, but in the meantime here's what I know beyond what's on the link in the original post:

- We can start a match with any 4 people on our team, the "alternates" are just as much a member of the team as the starters for all play purposes.

- Worst comes to worst, should we elect to do so we can play with only 3 people.

- This will be true swiss, as opposed to the round robin groups that took place in Booyah Battle 3. This means that each round you're matched up with a team of a simliar record - so the further into the day we go, the closer we are to matching opponents of equal skill level.

FailureKnight

Inkling
NNID
Failure_Knight
Now, let's start nailing down practice times. For practice time, I know we were talking in Skype chat about having something 'formal' on Friday - what's everyone's availablility that day? (Mine is from 6pm CST until as late as necessary.)

Monty

Inkling
NNID
M0ntst3r
Practice sounds great on friday. I take my exam from about 1-3 pm EST and after that I'm good till all hours of the night!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom