• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Booyah Battle Results

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
Grats to Spades.

And good job IU!!! Proud of you guys!

Vylegrove

Inkling
NNID
Ezreal253
(Copy/pasting from my reddit comment)

GG's to everyone in the tournament. Very close and exiting matches almost every round. If there was a spectater mode this tournament would have been an amazing example of what competitive splatoon could become. Also props to the Dad team (meme containment unit) for knocking us into losers and almost knocking us out of the tournament after that

Reactions: Kat

Kat

Wet, Warm & Sticky
NNID
FunkyFlump
(Copy/pasting from my reddit comment)

GG's to everyone in the tournament. Very close and exiting matches almost every round. If there was a spectater mode this tournament would have been an amazing example of what competitive splatoon could become. Also props to the Dad team (meme containment unit) for knocking us into losers and almost knocking us out of the tournament after that
Basically this. Well done to Spades. Super happy with all the works these guys have been putting in to win these tournaments. Thanks to the TOs for making what seemed like a very well done tournament and some fantastic prizes for the winners.

Symph

Full Squid
NNID
Symphonia46
TC: Tower Cheese. We take that kind as well...

\
/

PS: We ain't gonna let 4chan just destroy this tourney!

Hitzel

Inkling Commander
NNID
Hitzel
Good games to everyone. I'm really confident in Squid Squad considering we took first and a few of us who happened to be on last minute could take top 8. I had a ton of fun and learned a lot.

This tournament was ran really well and the use of Discord made a lot of of think "this is how tournaments SHOULD be run" so good job.

I'd like to see Halo-style map rotations instead of Smash-style picks and bans next time. I feel that the combination of another well-run tournament with the use of Discord, plus the efficiency of Halo-style map & mode selection, will result in a really smooth tournament, considering how time-consuming the picks and bans were.

Overall awesome time, let's do this more often!

DaisyFan

Pro Squid
Grats for everyone, was a fun tourney. Please work on the schedules, it was very unpleasant at some points for waiting hours in our matches.

jamesrcade

Senior Squid
Congrats to Squid Squad Spades (again :P) and gg to everyone we played!

Understandably there was still some problems with timing, but once matches got started it was fun and I hope you do another one soon. I would be in favour of the Halo style map/mode rotation too if it helps speed things up, plus it sounds like it would add a little variety.

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
Good games to everyone. I'm really confident in Squid Squad considering we took first and a few of us who happened to be on last minute could take top 8. I had a ton of fun and learned a lot.

This tournament was ran really well and the use of Discord made a lot of of think "this is how tournaments SHOULD be run" so good job.

I'd like to see Halo-style map rotations instead of Smash-style picks and bans next time. I feel that the combination of another well-run tournament with the use of Discord, plus the efficiency of Halo-style map & mode selection, will result in a really smooth tournament, considering how time-consuming the picks and bans were.

Overall awesome time, let's do this more often!
When you say Halo-style, what do you mean? I understand as far as TOs pick stages, but would the TOs pick 5 stages for all the games in the Bo5 or would they pick 1 for the whole set? I'm unfamiliar with how the competitive Halo scene works.

(You might have mentioned this before and I may have skimmed over it, but I don't remember actually taking it in. So if you could repeat it if you have already, that'd be great)

Otherwise, Congrats to Squid Squad on another victory! I'd also like to congratulate all the teams who I haven't seen in IoS that placed very well in this tourney. Applause to you guys as well. Hope to see you all again!

Hitzel

Inkling Commander
NNID
Hitzel
When you say Halo-style, what do you mean? I understand as far as TOs pick stages, but would the TOs pick 5 stages for all the games in the Bo5 or would they pick 1 for the whole set? I'm unfamiliar with how the competitive Halo scene works.

(You might have mentioned this before and I may have skimmed over it, but I don't remember actually taking it in. So if you could repeat it if you have already, that'd be great)

Otherwise, Congrats to Squid Squad on another victory! I'd also like to congratulate all the teams who I haven't seen in IoS that placed very well in this tourney. Applause to you guys as well. Hope to see you all again!
To's pick 5 map + game mode combos for each Bo5, or 7 in bo7's, etc.

Each round of the tournament has its own 5 combos, so for example all matches in round 1 would be the first set of combos, all matches in round 2 (and losers round 1) would be the set of second combos, etc. Then you have finals, grand finals, bracket reset, etc.

It was always made sure that the gametypes got equal use. Halo would always have 2 Team Slayers and 3 objective games in a Bo5, for example.

I think it would work well for Splatoon with little modification.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom