Bots?!

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
Has anyone noticed this bot that posts these threads in every section in an Asian language? I mean, you've probably have, but how are they here? What is their message? Are they communicating a message from the gods? Can we ban them from doing it again?

AllToonedUp

Inkling Cadet
I'm pretty sure they're just bots trying to flood the servers. I wouldn't worry too much about them since they can't steal our information, they'll go away once the mods actually have better DDoS protection.

Nerdbird

Pro Squid
I reported the main poster, but if more people did we would be able to do something about it quicker.

Mr Hemulen

Inkster Jr.
It's just typical forum spam. It's not an attack and blocking the user account is a bandaid/temp fix.

Just ignore it, I'm sure the mods will mop it up when they get chance.

InklingJoe

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5084-9470-8912
Bots rove the internet in herds. Almost every forum I've been on has gone through a lot era or two. Let the mods keep it clean, and eventually they'll move on to spam some other forum.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I wouldn't worry too much about them since they can't steal our information, they'll go away once the mods actually have better DDoS protection.
But spam accounts making a few spam threads has nothing to do with DDoS.

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
Okay, but what are they spamming about? I used Google Translate, and I think it's something about colleges...

J

Jimmys1000

Has anyone noticed this bot that posts these threads in every section in an Asian language? I mean, you've probably have, but how are they here? What is their message? Are they communicating a message from the gods? Can we ban them from doing it again?
They are Chinese ads selling fake university certificates. If we are sure SquidBoards doesn’t have any Chinese users, we could consider blocking IPs coming from that area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom