Brief Compendium of Known Loadouts

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
screenshots taken from andre's gamexplain video, where he's in ammo knights. it is absolutely not all the weapons in the game, just the ones you see him scroll through.

time stamps don't really work when linking media, so skip to 49:20 for when he's shopping

and here's a translated list of all the gear abilities (perks) in the game:

important things to note:
  • weapon stats are set (yes!!!)
  • loadouts mirror the ones seen on the testfire
  • the subs and specials of the branded weapon loadouts might be variable, assuming there's not going to be different branded weapons than the one's listed above
  • the abilities you get from bought clothes are set, bur ones with sub perks are semirandom according to andre earlier in the video and determined with a "roulette wheel," and don't make as much of an impact as your primary one, as denoted by the question marks underneath the primary perk:

Last edited:

luigisly

Full Squid
the subs and specials of the branded weapon loadouts might be variable, assuming there's not going to be different branded weapons than the one's listed above
Do you mean variable between games and that you can order somebody's set that shows up in squidopolis? Or that you can actually vary it yourself in your own game.

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
Do you mean variable between games and that you can order somebody's set that shows up in squidopolis? Or that you can actually vary it yourself in your own game.
i mean that the custom loadouts might be semirandom. you might not always end up with an echolocator on the custom jr., for example

we only really know so much about how loadouts are going to work and how static they are

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
NNID
RespawningJesus
Glad to see the .52 Gal sets. They are making me more excited for the weapon.

Astral

Astral Finish!
NNID
AstralFinish
Nintendo seemed to have focused on the Shooter types of weapons because of the numerous variations it has. Of course more may be unlocked later on, but even if all of the loadouts haven't been unlocked yet, the amount of Shooters is still far more superior

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
Nintendo seemed to have focused on the Shooter types of weapons because of the numerous variations it has. Of course more may be unlocked later on, but even if all of the loadouts haven't been unlocked yet, the amount of Shooters is still far more superior
you're ignoring that not all shooters are uniform like the splattershot and its variants; theres stuff like the blaster which have completely unique properties and are just sorta lumped into the "shooter" category because it resembles it most

Astral

Astral Finish!
NNID
AstralFinish
you're ignoring that not all shooters are uniform like the splattershot and its variants; theres stuff like the blaster which have completely unique properties and are just sorta lumped into the "shooter" category because it resembles it most
In a way, the weapons that have been labeled "Shooter" do pretty much the same thing, and that is Shoot ink at a short to medium range with a good rate of fire. Rollers are self-explanatory and the Chargers are dominant at range fights. Unlike other shooters where (most) weapons have a sort of "infinite" range, where a single shot can reach across the map. In this case, its just an accuracy stat, which Splatoon does not have

Bottlecapn

Inkling Commander
NNID
Bottlecapn
I seem to be the only one who's hyped for the Jet Squelcher. HYPEEE
In a way, the weapons that have been labeled "Shooter" do pretty much the same thing, and that is Shoot ink at a short to medium range with a good rate of fire....

In this case, its just an accuracy stat, which Splatoon does not have
1. Not really. The Shooter category is pretty much everything that's not a Charger or a Roller. By your logic, Machine Guns, and Assault Rifles in other shooters are both practically the same. Every weapon is completely unique in how it differs in 3 different fields from another in the same category.( Notice how the Blasters have "Impact" instead of "Damage".) All the weapons in this game are very different regardless of being in the same category.

2. It's not a stat, but Accuracy is a thing in Splatoon. The Jet Squelcher's reticle area is much smaller than that of the Splattershot Jr.

Anyways, am I the only one hyped for the Rapid Blaster? One of my favorite weapons of the ones we've seen so far, with a great kit, second only to the Aerospray MG.

Bottlecapn

Inkling Commander
NNID
Bottlecapn
Am I the only one hyped for the Rapid Blaster? Great kit, awesome weapon for dueling, and is an overall really unique and intriguing weapon. Some people may feel its just a bad version of the original Blaster, but it's got almost double the range and firing rate! Although it's got low impact and damage, it makes up for that!

Astral

Astral Finish!
NNID
AstralFinish
1. Not really. The Shooter category is pretty much everything that's not a Charger or a Roller. By your logic, Machine Guns, and Assault Rifles in other shooters are both practically the same. Every weapon is completely unique in how it differs in 3 different fields from another in the same category.( Notice how the Blasters have "Impact" instead of "Damage".) All the weapons in this game are very different regardless of being in the same category.
This is my point, "Shooters" have same functions while "Rollers" and "Chargers" have different uses

Bottlecapn

Inkling Commander
NNID
Bottlecapn
This is my point, "Shooters" have same functions while "Rollers" and "Chargers" have different uses
I really don't have any idea how you came to that conclusion, and how that was your original point, can you explain? (not being snarky, like for real how did you get that?) Also, Blasters, again.

Astral

Astral Finish!
NNID
AstralFinish
I really don't have any idea how you came to that conclusion, and how that was your original point, can you explain? (not being snarky, like for real how did you get that?) Also, Blasters, again.
Well what i meant is that the Shooter weapons functioned in sort of the same way, while the Rollers are good at super close range fights and Chargers specialize in long range fights while having a very slow fire rate, all of the Shooters either have decent range with a rapid fire rate, or lower range with a faster fire rate. Some of the shooters shoot in bursts, but still have pretty much the same range and damage as all the other Shooters. That or I just didn't specify Blasters :confused:

Bottlecapn

Inkling Commander
NNID
Bottlecapn
The Shooter weapons functioned in sort of the same way, Rollers are good at super close range fights and Chargers specialize in long range fights while having a very slow fire rate, all of the Shooters either have decent range with a rapid fire rate, or lower range with a faster fire rate. Some of the shooters shoot in bursts, but still have pretty much the same range and damage as all the other Shooters.
....So what you're saying is, the Shooters are less unique, even though you just gave a counterclaim to your statement? I'm confused :confused:

RotomGuy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RotomGuy
If only the Jet Squelcher had the Seeker as a sub, it would be perfect.

Flammie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlammieLL
It's gonna be tedious but fun to try out all of those abilities one by one to see which one suits me best.
Trust me i'm rubbing my hands together like an evil genious right now.

RotomGuy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RotomGuy
the splash wall definitely has more useful application than the seeker
I like how the Seeker creates a path for you to follow but also gets people hiding away in ink. The Splash Wall is cool, but the Kraken is too awesome so I'll have to use the Custom Squelcher.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom