• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Bubble Blower Appreciation Thread

silvr_nouveau

Senior Squid
Pronouns
He/They/She
Switch Friend Code
SW-5141-3082-0456
Bubble Blower is peak, its sad it has this reputation because of the instapop combo (paired with the fact that it was on Foil Squezzer) but its such a cool special design and concept and I think if we just remove the ability to use subs and maybe nerf their size/ damage/ duration it would fit into Splatoon 3 so well

Screenshot 2024-01-31 at 4.02.40 AM.png
Screenshot 2024-01-31 at 4.03.25 AM.png
Screenshot 2024-01-31 at 4.04.31 AM.png

some bubble blower kit ideas ^

RubberCF

Senior Squid
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2041-7487-3622
Its a shame such an interesting special was left behind, esp now that theres unlikely to be more specials. (Screen doesnt count as a bubble blower rework just bc its also based on the same sort of thing)

CoBalt The Ramen King

Inkster Jr.
NNID
monkeyjoe275
Switch Friend Code
SW-2475-5161-9426

silvr_nouveau

Senior Squid
Pronouns
He/They/She
Switch Friend Code
SW-5141-3082-0456
OMG THAT WIPER KIT IS SO GOOD
IT WOULD BE SO FUN TO PLAY and like Fizzy gives it poking and combos with the main (mobility too but its already very mobile) and the main has crazy object damage so it can easily pop bubble or it can use them as shields to keep it alive well skrimishing. please please I love Wiper so much and i want it to like be good

silvr_nouveau

Senior Squid
Pronouns
He/They/She
Switch Friend Code
SW-5141-3082-0456
IT WOULD BE SO FUN TO PLAY and like Fizzy gives it poking and combos with the main (mobility too but its already very mobile) and the main has crazy object damage so it can easily pop bubble or it can use them as shields to keep it alive well skrimishing. please please I love Wiper so much and i want it to like be good
i mean like Wiper isn't god awful but it's kits leave something to be desired imo... Stamp is well Stamp and well Wiper Deco is fun I want a aggro Wiper, not. a support wiper kit. I miss the days where it was top 5

Cptbobdude

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-4355-3949-0494
Kjr main in splatoon 2 bubbles were my entire life back then lol

plantknowsyourlocation

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-7194-5500-0728
Never played S2 competitively, do you mean it was a silly weapon or like crazy broken?
not broken, jr main weapon and torpedo sub weapon means that like the current cjr, it's more of a nuisance that struggles to actually do damage. torpedos breakable and the main weapon isn't scary enough for the distraction to help.

with object shredder and some sub saver, though, you had access to the scariest special in the game. bubble had insta-pop combos as you probably know, where throwing a bomb, throwing a bubble, and throwing another bomb, could instantly pop a bubble. with torpedo and object shredder you could do this with a single torpedo if you lock onto someone, because of how the fragments work. it was finnicky, but a real and scary combo, and kjr also had the ink efficiency to do this three times. once with a torpedo used before you activated bubble blower, two after the ink refill. three insta-pop combos, basically mini nukes each, kjr could go through a team with special if you were proficient enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom