Buffs and Nerfs?

_Koriko_

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3709-6740-5598
Like the title says, any buffs or nerfs you want to see added? Personally, I think getting rid of some the Undercover Brella's painting ability for a better shield would be a buff I'd like to see.

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
Buffs:

Jet

Increase painting by 20%

Increase damage to Baller by 50%

Eliter

Restore range to S1 range.

Flingza Roller

Increase painting by 10%

Dynamo

Increase painting by 15%

Increase damage to bubbles by 95%

Carbon

Give it Burst Bomb

Or

Increase damage to 150.

Gloogas

Increase shot velocity when in turret mode by 50%.

Tentabrella

Increase painting by 10%

Inkjet

Increase minimum indirect damage to 47.

Respawn Punisher

You get the same effect after dying that your opponent does when you splat them.

Thermal Ink

Thermal effect is brighter and more visible.

Nerfs:

Splattershot

Raise special requirement to 220

Nzap

Increase points needed for special by 10.

Splattershot Pro

Decrease shot velocity by 10%

Tri Slosher

Increase likeliness of missing your opponent because of spaces in between parts of a tri-slosh.

Rapid/Rapid Pro

Decrease damage on the very edge of the blast zone to 33.

Blaster

Increase points needed to get special to 230

Splat Brella

Increase time it takes shield to close before doing anything else by 5 frames.

Splashdown

Make AOE closer to the lines shown to players.

Make AOE of superjumping Splashdowns the same as a normal one.

Remove all invincibility frames.

Increase the amount of time after Splashdown before you can do anything else by 15 frames.

Bubble Blower

Make enemy shots do x1.1 damage to your bubbles. Your main of Object Shredder reduces this to x.9

Sting Ray

Remove AOE effect from the base of the beam.

Ink Armour

Remove all frames of “transitioning invincibility”.*

Special Power Up

Has diminishing returns on Bubbles Blower

AllToonedUp

Inkling Cadet
Buffs:

Jet

Increase painting by 20%

Increase damage to Baller by 50%

Eliter

Restore range to S1 range.

Flingza Roller

Increase painting by 10%

Dynamo

Increase painting by 15%

Increase damage to bubbles by 95%

Carbon

Give it Burst Bomb

Or

Increase damage to 150.

Gloogas

Increase shot velocity when in turret mode by 50%.

Tentabrella

Increase painting by 10%

Inkjet

Increase minimum indirect damage to 47.

Respawn Punisher

You get the same effect after dying that your opponent does when you splat them.

Thermal Ink

Thermal effect is brighter and more visible.

Nerfs:

Splattershot

Raise special requirement to 220

Nzap

Increase points needed for special by 10.

Splattershot Pro

Decrease shot velocity by 10%

Tri Slosher

Increase likeliness of missing your opponent because of spaces in between parts of a tri-slosh.

Rapid/Rapid Pro

Decrease damage on the very edge of the blast zone to 33.

Blaster

Increase points needed to get special to 230

Splat Brella

Increase time it takes shield to close before doing anything else by 5 frames.

Splashdown

Make AOE closer to the lines shown to players.

Make AOE of superjumping Splashdowns the same as a normal one.

Remove all invincibility frames.

Increase the amount of time after Splashdown before you can do anything else by 15 frames.

Bubble Blower

Make enemy shots do x1.1 damage to your bubbles. Your main of Object Shredder reduces this to x.9

Sting Ray

Remove AOE effect from the base of the beam.

Ink Armour

Remove all frames of “transitioning invincibility”.*

Special Power Up

Has diminishing returns on Bubbles Blower
I agree with most of these except for the Splat Brella and Rapid Blasters nerf. Splat Brella's shield is its bread and butter and increasing lag for it will just restore it to its mediocre state like it was before the 1.4.0 update, has been nerfed a few times already and it has a considerable amount of counters now (Sloshers and Blasters) while Rapid Blasters are terrible up-close and decreasing the damage kinda removes the niche of the weapon, which is supposed to be more of a zoner weapon. Why nerf a weapon that isn't dominant nor has overpowering tools? (Rapid Blasters)

And I think Tenta deserves to have the amount of frames required to open its shield reduced and increase its minimal damage to 19 instead of increasing its painting capabilities because it's not meant to paint, it's supposed to be a heavily defensive weapon and it can't even do its job right because the shield is so slow and it's hard to kill with it unless if have you insane aim.

_Koriko_

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3709-6740-5598
I agree with most of these except for the Splat Brella and Rapid Blasters nerf. Splat Brella's shield is its bread and butter and increasing lag for it will just restore it to its mediocre state like it was before the 1.4.0 update, has been nerfed a few times already and it has a considerable amount of counters now (Sloshers and Blasters) while Rapid Blasters are terrible up-close and decreasing the damage kinda removes the niche of the weapon, which is supposed to be more of a zoner weapon. Why nerf a weapon that isn't dominant nor has overpowering tools? (Rapid Blasters)

And I think Tenta deserves to have the amount of frames required to open its shield reduced and increase its minimal damage to 19 instead of increasing its painting capabilities because it's not meant to paint, it's supposed to be a heavily defensive weapon and it can't even do its job right because the shield is so slow and it's hard to kill with it unless if have you insane aim.
Yeah, I don't think nerfing the Splat Brella would do any good, as the entire point of the brella is that it gives you the ability to block shots. Though the Tenta brella needs a huge buff to be a good weapon. Right now, it's bad, not as bad as before, but still bad.

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310

If you notice, I said that the damage will be reduced to 33 and the very edge if it's blast range. It normally takes 3 indirects to kill. By lowering the damage to 33, 3 indirects at the small edge of your range will require 4 shots to kill. This will lock the damage dealt at 99, meaning that if you step in ink for even a single frame, you're getting 3-shot indirected by the Rapid. With how chaotic this game is in terms of chip damage, you'd be 3-shotting 95% of the time anyway.
The Rapid is, in a way, dominant. The reason you see so many fewer defensive weapons (Splatlings, Chargers, Jets, ect.) is because Rapid and Rapid Pro are just better in more situations.

I can see where you're coming from with the Brella one. My original intent was to make it so that a Brella couldn't close it's shield, shoot, and open it back up in less that 20 frames.

I think you're mistaking defense for support (which is something I see a lot). Defense is holding large areas of the map at once and not letting the enemy team push. Support is when you create situations that allow your team to push. Many people will call the Brellas defensive because of their shields, but in reality the shield only really helps their offensive and supportive playstyles. Tenta is most definitely a support weapon for a multitude of reasons.
1. The shield is large, strong, and it shoots out of the brella very quickly, leaving a "free Rainmaker push" on some maps.
2. The Beakons help your team get back into mid mush faster.
3. Your Bubbles are an excellent way to push objective, especially when combined with your shield.

The only box the Tenta doesn't check in terms of support is painting. All good support weapons are also good at painting (Splash neo, Dapples, Nzap, Splat Brella) and Tenta is utterly awful at it.

AllToonedUp

Inkling Cadet
If you notice, I said that the damage will be reduced to 33 and the very edge if it's blast range. It normally takes 3 indirects to kill. By lowering the damage to 33, 3 indirects at the small edge of your range will require 4 shots to kill. This will lock the damage dealt at 99, meaning that if you step in ink for even a single frame, you're getting 3-shot indirected by the Rapid. With how chaotic this game is in terms of chip damage, you'd be 3-shotting 95% of the time anyway.
The Rapid is, in a way, dominant. The reason you see so many fewer defensive weapons (Splatlings, Chargers, Jets, ect.) is because Rapid and Rapid Pro are just better in more situations.

I can see where you're coming from with the Brella one. My original intent was to make it so that a Brella couldn't close it's shield, shoot, and open it back up in less that 20 frames.

I think you're mistaking defense for support (which is something I see a lot). Defense is holding large areas of the map at once and not letting the enemy team push. Support is when you create situations that allow your team to push. Many people will call the Brellas defensive because of their shields, but in reality the shield only really helps their offensive and supportive playstyles. Tenta is most definitely a support weapon for a multitude of reasons.
1. The shield is large, strong, and it shoots out of the brella very quickly, leaving a "free Rainmaker push" on some maps.
2. The Beakons help your team get back into mid mush faster.
3. Your Bubbles are an excellent way to push objective, especially when combined with your shield.

The only box the Tenta doesn't check in terms of support is painting. All good support weapons are also good at painting (Splash neo, Dapples, Nzap, Splat Brella) and Tenta is utterly awful at it.
Ah, my mistake regarding the Rapids and Tenta being defense, however my point still stands regarding Tenta's design.

As you said, it's a support weapon and it has large and strong shield that shoots out very quickly, but issue is the fact that the shield is very slow to open AND it has problems killing people which is one of the (many) reasons why people do not use Tenta in competitive play. The purpose of the weapon is for it to be an even more supportive Splat Brella that can kill in one hit with a direct shot, has stupidly strong shield and currently has a set up that revolves around supporting the team and Bubble Blower helps it push and give it better offensive capabilities while its drawback is that it's slower than molasses, has issues painting, and has inconsistent damage if you cannot get the direct hit.

What I'm getting at is that fixing the shield's lag would greatly buff the weapon without change its purpose and not breaking it. Tenta does not NEED better painting as it's still very slow and its fire-rate is a joke and if you increase the fire-rate, then it would be too easy to get kills. The shield is the basis of the brellas as a whole and its shield has a bunch of problems which is the main reason why it's bad.

_Koriko_

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3709-6740-5598
Ah, my mistake regarding the Rapids and Tenta being defense, however my point still stands regarding Tenta's design.

As you said, it's a support weapon and it has large and strong shield that shoots out very quickly, but issue is the fact that the shield is very slow to open AND it has problems killing people which is one of the (many) reasons why people do not use Tenta in competitive play. The purpose of the weapon is for it to be an even more supportive Splat Brella that can kill in one hit with a direct shot, has stupidly strong shield and currently has a set up that revolves around supporting the team and Bubble Blower helps it push and give it better offensive capabilities while its drawback is that it's slower than molasses, has issues painting, and has inconsistent damage if you cannot get the direct hit.

What I'm getting at is that fixing the shield's lag would greatly buff the weapon without change its purpose and not breaking it. Tenta does not NEED better painting as it's still very slow and its fire-rate is a joke and if you increase the fire-rate, then it would be too easy to get kills. The shield is the basis of the brellas as a whole and its shield has a bunch of problems which is the main reason why it's bad.
I've been thinking about how to buff the Tenta, and I think you really can't with this one. The Tenta Brella would never be buffed higher than a mediocre weapon.

If the Tenta was a good weapon, it would be unstoppable. 1 shot kill with direct shot, large tanky shield, and bubble blower. (which is one of the best support specials.) If was really good, everyone would use it. It would be an overpowered Reinhardt. So they'd have to nerf it, and suddenly it becomes mediocre again.

I think the Tenta is just a brick wall that can't be buffed past mediocre or it would become overpowered. This is the bamboozler of brellas.

Though I would appreciate if they DID buff it up to mediocre.

the

Inkling Commander
This is a late reply but I think a buff that could increase the tenta brella’s viability is kinda reworking how its shots work. Right now it can pop out of ink and shoot, but has end lag that leaves you helpless if you don’t get a direct hit. I think that giving it a larger killing hitbox but giving it start-up lag instead of (or maybe in addition to) the end lag could make it more appealing, combat-wise. It would make it easier to kill people if you land a shot, but difficult to pop up in front of someone to kill them unopposed, because they’d have time to dodge if they see you coming. I guess what I’m suggesting is making its shots sort of like how the dynamo works. Give it power, but with a decent amount of warning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom