Build advice??

Ellen

Inkster Jr.
NNID
EllenM92
Hey guys!!

I use the Tentatek splattershot and 96 gal deco, and have been trying my hand at building some sets for both weapons. Wondering if I could maybe have suggestions/thoughts from you lovely people?

Tentatek build:
Mains: swim speed, run speed, ink resistance
Subs: 4 swim speed, 3 damage, 1 quick respawn, 1 special saver
Notes: I didn't aim for quick respawn but I suppose it can't hurt. And with the patch, special saver is decent also. My 2nd Tentatek build is identical but with another swim speed main, but maybe the swim/run combo is better??

96 deco build 1:
Mains: 2 ink saver main, 1 ink resistance
Subs: 4 swim speed, 2 special duration, 1 damage, 1 ink saver main, 1 special saver.

96 deco build 2:
Mains: ink recovery, ink saver main, ink resistance
Subs: 4 swim speed, 3 damage, 2 special saver

Any thoughts would be appreciated!! Stay fresh ya'll :3

Last edited:

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Ink saver and/or recovery is definitely a must for the 96. And if you play aggressively like such weapons suggest, one main's worth of quick respawn would certainly help. Special saver too, after the special nerf. Ink resistance isn't as useful for such weapons, that's better for the long-range fighters who can't always reliably fire at their feet to escape, which you can.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Can't say much for the .96 (as i don't use it that frequently) other than stack a bunch of ink recovery and a few damage ups, but as for tentatek:

I'd like to choose quick respawn and special savers for tentatek as my biggest priority(since they don't last too long, generally) , maybe an ink recovery too to help recharge after throwing a suction. Special charge/tenacity might help too, to get your Zooka slightly faster to beat down anyone that outranges you. Swim speed up is useful on any set but i'd personally drop the damage ups. I probably would drop ink resistance too, in favour of more quick respawn.

But then again you can't choose your subs unless you have good luck with RNG Spyke, so that's slightly troubling.

Ellen

Inkster Jr.
NNID
EllenM92
Can't say much for the .96 (as i don't use it that frequently) other than stack a bunch of ink recovery and a few damage ups, but as for tentatek:

I'd like to choose quick respawn and special savers for tentatek as my biggest priority(since they don't last too long, generally) , maybe an ink recovery too to help recharge after throwing a suction. Special charge/tenacity might help too, to get your Zooka slightly faster to beat down anyone that outranges you. Swim speed up is useful on any set but i'd personally drop the damage ups. I probably would drop ink resistance too, in favour of more quick respawn.

But then again you can't choose your subs unless you have good luck with RNG Spyke, so that's slightly troubling.

Yeah I was initially rethinking the damage ups, many people have said I have to make sure I get the 3 hit splat. But then again I don't see many people running defence. All super useful tips, I love me some quick respawn also, I just like the idea of being faster in general. :)

Ellen

Inkster Jr.
NNID
EllenM92
Ink saver and/or recovery is definitely a must for the 96. And if you play aggressively like such weapons suggest, one main's worth of quick respawn would certainly help. Special saver too, after the special nerf. Ink resistance isn't as useful for such weapons, that's better for the long-range fighters who can't always reliably fire at their feet to escape, which you can.
Yeah, I really do find myself running out of/needing to refill ink more than I find myself getting stuck in enemy ink. Should rethink ink resistance...

Ellen

Inkster Jr.
NNID
EllenM92
I also recently started using this build. Cold-blooded/ speed. Works well but I really wish spyke was nicer with my re-roll luck. Though nothing here hurts the Tentatek, I really wanted some run speed subs. Now I'm too afraid to re-roll out of fear of losing my swim speeds lol
image.jpeg

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Semi-Pure rolled gear isn't bad at all, though, considering how bad the odds are of rolling an actual pure. The effect of one single sub doesn't make a huge difference.

Ellen

Inkster Jr.
NNID
EllenM92
Semi-Pure rolled gear isn't bad at all, though, considering how bad the odds are of rolling an actual pure. The effect of one single sub doesn't make a huge difference.
This is very true

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Seems like a decent set-up if you value that level of speed.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Probably. Cold-blooded is handy but you aren't exactly using sneaky weapons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom