• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Buy Splatoon 2?

JishTheFish

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
he/they
Switch Friend Code
SW-0916-3665-4202
Hi squidboards!
Splatoon 3 was my first splatoon game (and I've been pretty obsessed with it), and I was thinking of buying splatoon 2, probably for single player cuz I doubt online is too active. I found a place where I can order it for 25% off. I'm just wondering if that's a good idea?
I mean it's my money and people on squidboards aren't my main deciding factor, but I want opinions since I don't like spending money lightly. Also I will probably buy octo expansion.

Last edited:

cipsbsndj

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
he/they
Switch Friend Code
SW-0937-9859-6660
I’d say go for it considering how important the Octo Expansion is to the Splatoon series, and there’s also some Splatty 2 exclusive kits and features, like Squid Beatz

neonscreenlight

Semi-Pro Squid
octo expansion is a really great buy but mayyybe get the game secondhand if you're only going to be using it for oe lol. $70 plus 20 for the dlc is not a great deal for a half-dead game

Bennet

Inkling Cadet
NNID
scamton
Switch Friend Code
SW-7447-6424-1120
well, I got mine for free because there is a store that is not that far from me (all it is is a little video game pawn shop) so I just traded my Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe for Splatoon 2

Last edited:

JishTheFish

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
he/they
Switch Friend Code
SW-0916-3665-4202
Decided to bite the bullet and get the game. got it for 25% off so now I just gotta wait for it to come in the mail

Mx_Diva

Splatoon Playing Spinster
Premium
Pronouns
She/Her
NNID
Mx_Diva
Switch Friend Code
SW-6445-1547-4212
I can check it out at the library now. It’s still useful for Splatoon 3 to have Splatoon 2 save data.

mizuta_ahato

Inkling
Pronouns
she/her
where i live, splatoon 2 is still very active (except salmon unfortunately), so go right ahead! it's lots of fun. find it preowned if you can- my copy was around $25, no point paying in full (it's less a dent on your wallet if you buy OE too)

Bennet

Inkling Cadet
NNID
scamton
Switch Friend Code
SW-7447-6424-1120
Decided to bite the bullet and get the game. got it for 25% off so now I just gotta wait for it to come in the mail
hey did it come yet? because if yes, plz friend me so I can do a 1v1 splat fest private battle with u

GiggaPoggers

Full Squid
Pronouns
He/him
NNID
superstar
Switch Friend Code
SW-7556-4937-7869
I wouldnt advise it, but if you truely are a massive fan, try to find a dlc bundle too, octo explansion is still best campaign in the series

Bennet

Inkling Cadet
NNID
scamton
Switch Friend Code
SW-7447-6424-1120
I am just waiting to be ungrounded to ask parents if I could get it if I can repay them right away.

JishTheFish

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
he/they
Switch Friend Code
SW-0916-3665-4202
Update I guess
I got splatoon 2. I had a lot of fun with both octo expansion and a bit of fun with the splatoon 2 hero mode too. I got octo explanation for only 10 bucks (CAD) and I honestly wouldn’t have minded buying it full price, it was really good.

I’ve had a nice bit of fun with the multiplayer too. Matchmaking is a little bit slow but sometimes queue times are faster than splat 3. The “new” kits, specials and stages are fun too.

I think the game was worth the 75% price for me, but probably wouldn’t recommend it unless you’re a huge fan of the franchise.

Bennet

Inkling Cadet
NNID
scamton
Switch Friend Code
SW-7447-6424-1120
sad thing is I can't get Splatoon due to the servers being shut down today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom