Buy Splatoon 2?

JishTheFish

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
he/they
Switch Friend Code
SW-0916-3665-4202
Hi squidboards!
Splatoon 3 was my first splatoon game (and I've been pretty obsessed with it), and I was thinking of buying splatoon 2, probably for single player cuz I doubt online is too active. I found a place where I can order it for 25% off. I'm just wondering if that's a good idea?
I mean it's my money and people on squidboards aren't my main deciding factor, but I want opinions since I don't like spending money lightly. Also I will probably buy octo expansion.

Last edited:

cipsbsndj

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
he/they
Switch Friend Code
SW-0937-9859-6660
I’d say go for it considering how important the Octo Expansion is to the Splatoon series, and there’s also some Splatty 2 exclusive kits and features, like Squid Beatz

neonscreenlight

Pro Squid
octo expansion is a really great buy but mayyybe get the game secondhand if you're only going to be using it for oe lol. $70 plus 20 for the dlc is not a great deal for a half-dead game

Bennet

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
He/Him/His
NNID
scamton
Switch Friend Code
SW-7447-6424-1120
well, I got mine for free because there is a store that is not that far from me (all it is is a little video game pawn shop) so I just traded my Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe for Splatoon 2

Last edited:

JishTheFish

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
he/they
Switch Friend Code
SW-0916-3665-4202
Decided to bite the bullet and get the game. got it for 25% off so now I just gotta wait for it to come in the mail

Mx_Diva

Splatoon Playing Spinster
Premium
Pronouns
She/Her
NNID
Mx_Diva
Switch Friend Code
SW-6445-1547-4212
I can check it out at the library now. It’s still useful for Splatoon 3 to have Splatoon 2 save data.

mizuta_ahato

Inkling
Pronouns
she/her
where i live, splatoon 2 is still very active (except salmon unfortunately), so go right ahead! it's lots of fun. find it preowned if you can- my copy was around $25, no point paying in full (it's less a dent on your wallet if you buy OE too)

Bennet

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
He/Him/His
NNID
scamton
Switch Friend Code
SW-7447-6424-1120
Decided to bite the bullet and get the game. got it for 25% off so now I just gotta wait for it to come in the mail
hey did it come yet? because if yes, plz friend me so I can do a 1v1 splat fest private battle with u

GiggaPoggers

Full Squid
Pronouns
He/him
NNID
superstar
Switch Friend Code
SW-7556-4937-7869
I wouldnt advise it, but if you truely are a massive fan, try to find a dlc bundle too, octo explansion is still best campaign in the series

Bennet

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
He/Him/His
NNID
scamton
Switch Friend Code
SW-7447-6424-1120
I am just waiting to be ungrounded to ask parents if I could get it if I can repay them right away.

JishTheFish

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
he/they
Switch Friend Code
SW-0916-3665-4202
Update I guess
I got splatoon 2. I had a lot of fun with both octo expansion and a bit of fun with the splatoon 2 hero mode too. I got octo explanation for only 10 bucks (CAD) and I honestly wouldn’t have minded buying it full price, it was really good.

I’ve had a nice bit of fun with the multiplayer too. Matchmaking is a little bit slow but sometimes queue times are faster than splat 3. The “new” kits, specials and stages are fun too.

I think the game was worth the 75% price for me, but probably wouldn’t recommend it unless you’re a huge fan of the franchise.

Bennet

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
He/Him/His
NNID
scamton
Switch Friend Code
SW-7447-6424-1120
sad thing is I can't get Splatoon due to the servers being shut down today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom