• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Calamari Cup 3: Spicy Skirmish | Jan. 23

Demiose

Inky Surprise
NNID
iEndzone

Welcome to the 3rd Iteration of Calamari Cup
Saturday 23rd of January 2016 at 5pm UTC
Double Elimination

Current signups: MAX 48
Backup teams: 0

Unlike the previous tourney, we'll be moving into a smaller and quicker format of double elimination. In the event that signups reach an overwhelmingly large number, we may switch things up to a single elimination bracket, but we feel like sticking to a smaller system would be more fun for the players and TO's​

Follow the Links/steps below to get your team signed up

Leave a reply in the thread so we can get notified of your signup

Signup Rules
Teams must designate a team captain who will act as the communicator for the team on Discord - only the captain can ask for roster changes in #registration-edits, and organize matches with other players. If the team captain must be changed, the current captain must inform one of the TOs.

Teams consist of a maximum 8 members and a minimum of 4. A player may only compete with a single team - If you are found to be playing for multiple teams at a time, that specific player will be disqualified.

1 DAY DOUBLE ELIMINATION - - -
January 23rd

• All captains must be online on the Discord server on tourney day
  • Beginning 5pm UTC
  • Check in starts 4pm UTC - Ends 5:10pm
    • Teams that do not check in by 5:10pm are DQ'd
  • Matches officially start at 5pm UTC
  • Double Elimination
  • Teams may play their matches as soon as opponent is available
  • Lower seeded team may decide who hosts
  • Seeding will be done using BestTeaMaker's rankings
  • If a team is unresponsive for an unreasonable amount of time, contact a TO
  • All game played as a Best of 5
    • Finals and Grand finals played as a Best of 7
  • Report game scores at the #report scores channel
  • No bronze match. Both teams that are knocked out of Finals are proclaimed as tied in 3rd

Substitution rules
  • You may substitute one player between every game (every map you play)
  • Because of this, the hosting team is REQUIRED to remain in the map selection screen for around 30 seconds before beginning the next match
  • This is to allow the other team to notify the hosting team that they need a substitution
  • If no contact has been made to the other team in this minute, the next match may begin
  • If the match begins without waiting in the map screen, and a team had requested a substitution before the match had begun, your team is required to stay at spawn and let the game end before replaying it
Disconnection rules
  • A team may only reset one game in a set due to a DC. If a second DC happens by the same team, the match is played on
  • A team that has a member that DCs can sub out their DC'd player
  • When a match is replayed - players from both teams must use the exact same weapons as last game. If the DC'd player decides to sub out, the player substituting in may pick any weapon of their choice
  • If you have any qualms with the rule - PM feedback to @Demiose or in the feedback thread after the tourney
  • In case of a dispute, we would encourage players that DC to take a screenshot of their error. There's a Discord phone app for uploading convenience
Lag Rules
  • If there is a recurring case of a player who is accused of lag, they may be asked to measure their connection speed
  • They may perform this using the website "http://www.speedtest.net"
  • players may be forcibly removed from the tournament and subbed out because of a lag advantage
  • if you need help from a TO regarding this, bring the situation to the #service channel on Discord

How it works: (For newer players)
  • The leftmost coloumn with icons are your servers. The Calamari cup server is a blue squid as our logo
  • Using the left sidebar, you can travel between different texts channels used for different purposes (explained below) treat each text channel as a different 'group chat'
  • The server admins can give members custom colours. In our server, TO's are blue while captains are purple
  • The center of the screen is your chatlog
  • You can edit settings by selecting the gear icon on the bottom of the leftsidebar
  • You can message other players by clicking on their name and selecting the large Message button
  • Navigate through your direct messages by clicking on the top icon on the serverlist: (3 people icon)
  • The right sidebar displays the users who have joined the server
Uses of each text channel:
  • #announcements: Used for communicating important messages to players, especially at tourney day
  • #info: provides quick access to important links
  • #overview: provides an overview of the CC rules. Refer to it if you need a quick refresher
  • #universal: The general text channel. All players - whether involved with the tourney or not- can chat
  • #report scores: where the results of each match should be posted
  • #captains-winners: A channel with slightly less players to streamline the search for the other team captain
  • #captains-losers: for teams knocked down to the loser's bracket to find their opponents
  • #check in: Where team captains must check in at the day. A simple "Team X checking in" will do
  • #helpdesk: If any disputes arise - or help is needed. Bring your questions here rather than PMing a TO
  • #roster edits: Captains may edit their team roster by posting here before check in begins

All players on the winning team will receive a digital prize to congratulate their victory. The prize has not been decided just yet, but it may vary from prepaid eshop codes, to a humble-bundle pack of steam/ eshop games. Stay tuned as we'll update this section in the near future, and if you feel you have a good idea - don't be afraid to post it here​

Thank you to the TO's [ @Dne1494 @XenoPixel @Burritoburger ]
Special Thanks to @Blast

Last edited:

Burritoburger

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Burritoburger
We don't have a map/mode list yet, mainly because new maps are more than likely to be released by the time the tourney begins, in case anyone was wondering.

Also, for anyone returning from past Calamari Cups (namely the second), we have a lag rule now! So most of the problem we had last time will be easily resolved this time around!

Also, a feedback thread will be posted in conjunction with the tourney starting. So eliminated teams will be able to post their thoughts without having to wait for the tourney to end.

Demiose

Inky Surprise
NNID
iEndzone
Team list is out now, which you can use to see your currently registered team for edits as well as any other team that was signed up. You can find it in the links at the bottom of the OP or on the Discord server

Demiose

Inky Surprise
NNID
iEndzone
Massively revamped the OP. Hopefully it looks nicer and is now easier to understand as I wasn't pleased with the previous format

If you have any questions don't be afraid to ping me over on discord or send a message right here

Last edited:

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
Before I move to an official member of Crimson Krakens is love to have one last tournament with my clan count me in I'll sign up now

Demiose

Inky Surprise
NNID
iEndzone
Before I move to an official member of Crimson Krakens is love to have one last tournament with my clan count me in I'll sign up now
Hey, is your squad ssç? If it is, then sorry for the inconvenience but i'd like you to go through the registration form again
It may be a bit confusing so i'll lay out what you need to do:
  1. Register: On the Google form, I need you to write down both your players INGAME NAME and also the NNID of every player. You've only included the ingame names.
  2. Also: I'm not sure whether this was intentional, but the name that goes in the 'Captain' text area is not allowed to participate in the tourney unless the captain also puts themselves in the 'Player 1' text area. As an example in the form you've submitted - ssçSQUIDDY is the captain but is not inputted in 'Player 1' and will therefore not be allowed to play
  3. Send me another reply once you're done that so I can confirm your registration
  4. And finally just join the Discord using the 4th link

Last edited:

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
Hey, is your squad ssç? If it is, then sorry for the inconvenience but i'd like you to go through the registration form again
It may be a bit confusing so i'll lay out what you need to do:
  1. Register: On the Google form, I need you to write down both your players INGAME NAME and also the NNID of every player. You've only included the ingame names.
  2. Also: I'm not sure whether this was intentional, but the name that goes in the 'Captain' text area is not allowed to participate in the tourney unless the captain also puts themselves in the 'Player 1' text area. As an example in the form you've submitted - ssçSQUIDDY is the captain but is not inputted in 'Player 1' and will therefore not be allowed to play
  3. Next i'll need you to sign up your team using challonge. I'm assuming you already have a challonge team since you've played in tournies before? all you need to do is click the blue 'Sign up' on the page
  4. Send me another reply once you're done that so I can confirm your registration
  5. And finally just join the Discord using the 4th link
Before I refill the form do I NEED 8 players and why would you need the NNIDS of my members it just seems a little odd either that or I've only ever competed in one tourney before xD

Demiose

Inky Surprise
NNID
iEndzone
Before I refill the form do I NEED 8 players and why would you need the NNIDS of my members it just seems a little odd either that or I've only ever competed in one tourney before xD
You don't need 8 players, only a minimum of 4. < This is written in the OP under signup rules

As for NNIDs, it's not entirely necessary but is needed in the event of an accusation of bringing in a player that was not registered. I don't expect anyone to do this, but it's better to cover all bases

New edit: I've removed the challonge requirement from registration - i'll be doing that manually from here on

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
You don't need 8 players, only a minimum of 4. < This is written in the OP under signup rules

As for NNIDs, it's not entirely necessary but is needed in the event of an accusation of bringing in a player that was not registered. I don't expect anyone to do this, but it's better to cover all bases

New edit: I've removed the challonge requirement from registration - i'll be doing that manually from here on
Great can I just bargain that I will give you the NNID of said accused player if needed?

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
M8, you're gonna have to give the NNID of every player on your team. I know it might not seem dank, but that's just the way the cookies crumble.
True I'm just gonna drop out not that I was officially registered or anything

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom