Calamari Cup: Extra Hot Mix! Feedback Thread

Silver

Speedrunning Inkling
NNID
MHFsilver
I would be upset, yes. Once again, i am not saying that this guy was not laggy and i am not saying that you guys don't have a reason to be upset. In fact, i watched the video and even said that in my previous post. I was not attacking you or any other team that had to play these guys, i actually even said i feel bad for you guys.

You have video proof now and it's really clear to see for everyone. But what happens if you don't have video proof? Are TOs just supposed to take anyone's word for it?

And if the rules include having to have video proof, then we are basically telling everyone else to spend a few hundred dollar for a capture card if they don't want to be at a disadvantage.

Those two things were my point. i'm not saying this guys wasn't laggy and i'm not saying i don't wish we had a good solution for it.
It's 2015, people have phones. Also people have 3 others on their team that may have a capture card or a phone. It's not really that hard to provide proof. I'm just saying there has to be something. Lag is pretty common in this game as the Wii U isn't too good at maintaining a connection itself. For all I know, Ryan could have great internet but his Wii U just hates it. I'm just saying there needs to be something in place to handle this. My thing about video proof is just an idea, it might not be a good one but it's an idea.

Njok

Bouncer
It's not easy at all to get proof of someone lagging. I don't know too many people that are recording the game with their smart phone while playing at the same time. And without proof, this rule would be open to abuse, is all i'm saying. I'm going to leave it at this because i'm not here to get into an argument with anyone about this. I was just stating that there are some big problems when trying to deal with these situations.

I'm very open to discuss it further in any discord or other thread, because if anyone does have a good suggestion that would be great.

Silver

Speedrunning Inkling
NNID
MHFsilver
It's not easy at all to get proof of someone lagging. I don't know too many people that are recording the game with their smart phone while playing at the same time. And without proof, this rule would be open to abuse, is all i'm saying. I'm going to leave it at this because i'm not here to get into an argument with anyone about this. I was just stating that there are some big problems when trying to deal with these situations.

I'm very open to discuss it further in any discord or other thread, because if anyone does have a good suggestion that would be great.
Oh I'm sorry if it seems like I'm trying to start an argument. I'm honestly not at all. I'm just saying I'd like something you know? Sorry if I was coming off as rude

scarth

Senior Squid
If you believe a player in your match is lagging to an extent that the match is unfair, record proof of the player.
Automatically flawed, requires a person to either have a capture card, or some way to mount a phone/video camera so you can clearly tell what's going on, meaning if someone starts teleporting at match point, you aren't able to set up your phone after that particular game because the round's already over
Unfortunately it's probably the best solution you'll get because connection quality is often in the eye of a single observer and may be perfectly fine for another player

Silver

Speedrunning Inkling
NNID
MHFsilver
Automatically flawed, requires a person to either have a capture card, or some way to mount a phone/video camera so you can clearly tell what's going on, meaning if someone starts teleporting at match point, you aren't able to set up your phone after that particular game because the round's already over
Unfortunately it's probably the best solution you'll get because connection quality is often in the eye of a single observer and may be perfectly fine for another player
I realize it's flawed by I was giving an example of something that should be in place.

SupersonicWaffle

Inkster Jr.
NNID
supersonicwaffle
I realize it's flawed by I was giving an example of something that should be in place.
IMHO it shouldn't though! A single players POV can't prove it because we don't know how splatoon handles certain information, how it is sent out, relayed and received. A player may only lag for a certain player in which case it you can't make a single player responsible.

People will have to learn that these are the limitations of Splatoon as a competitive game and as long as there's nothing but bragging rights on the line they will have to find a gentelmen's agreement since there's really a million ways to abuse every rule that has been proposed if you know what you're doing.

Silver

Speedrunning Inkling
NNID
MHFsilver
IMHO it shouldn't though! A single players POV can't prove it because we don't know how splatoon handles certain information, how it is sent out, relayed and received. A player may only lag for a certain player in which case it you can't make a single player responsible.

People will have to learn that these are the limitations of Splatoon as a competitive game and as long as there's nothing but bragging rights on the line they will have to find a gentelmen's agreement since there's really a million ways to abuse every rule that has been proposed if you know what you're doing.
Well if multiple people see the same person lagging then it might be something worth looking into but yeah, we still don't fully know how the game works on the back end. Lag is a tough thing to call out but it's also a thing that needs to looked at. I just think tournaments need some form of rule about lag and I'm just throwing out ideas. May not be the best ideas but they're just random ideas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom