• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Callie and Marie amiibo confirmed!

cwjakesteel

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
cwjakesteel
I'll be getting the callie marie amiibos day 1. Any in-game functionality is really just bonus for me. As for the recolours. I'm just happy to get another chance at getting the squid amiibo, as I already have the Inkling boy/girl amiibo.

The recolours look bad. They already used blue/orange/green last time. I would have preferred if they used pink/cyan/yellow instead of these new duller colours. Also would have loved if they were new poses. Then I would have been motivated enough to buy the 3-pack.

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
I've been listening to tide goes out, the music in the video and I looped it exactly 374 times on infinite looper

I'm still going

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
possible discovery by yours truly xD
The redesigned inkling boy girl and squid MAY feature different weapons
Before I say anything it's possible that this is just part of the redesign but I'm just ya know really hoping there's more the the amiibos than new designs also my text size has gone loopy.
Take a look at the pictures
image.jpeg
image.png

Well those of size are wierd anyway

Notice the weapons the redesigns have a tantataek and the original splattershot, probably a redesign but I just want to hope their different

Kabel

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Kabelly
Even though I have the first three I want ALL of them. :p

Cyan

Inkling Commander
I feel these ones are cash grabs, the recolours aren't worth it unless they are different with what they offer (will laugh if the standard colours load up ingame, but doubt it). When NWPlayer revealed the data for 2 additional Amiibo, I anticipated them to be Callie and Marie in their Agent 1 and 2 guises, and offering Slosher and Splatling challenges. Now they've been announced as glorified Jukeboxes, I don't care about them at all. However, with the added songs, even if it's only 2, I reckon they'll play during Splatfest matches, especially as Callie's solo song has that Splatfest vibe to it. Unless these Amiibo have dual use, that is to say, SP missions and the songs, I'm not remotely interested in them.

NovaScienceNever

Senior Squid
I've been listening to tide goes out, the music in the video and I looped it exactly 374 times on infinite looper

I'm still going
Whoops. As revealed by their last concert, Callie and Marie both have solo songs, to provide an incentive for buying both amiibo. The song used in the trailer is Callie's, and Tide Goes Out is Marie's, since it appeared in her menu and not Callie's, and of course Callie performed it live.

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
Whoops. As revealed by their last concert, Callie and Marie both have solo songs, to provide an incentive for buying both amiibo. The song used in the trailer is Callie's, and Tide Goes Out is Marie's, since it appeared in her menu and not Callie's, and of course Callie performed it live.
Tide goes out was both however mainly callie it was callie song in the festival not Marie Marie was night of the sumisoae

Confusion

Shuggi

Senior Squid
NNID
Splatshuggi
Wait if the colours are redone will the weapons be, that is actually possible we could get the same gear but custom like a custom hero roller replica

Also now that the callie and Marie rumour is true it's got me questioning could playable octolings still happen I mean everyone's forgotten bout the idea with amiibos sheldons picks and apparent updates stopping but we shouldn't rule out the possibility
About that, maybe they would give you a hero krak on roller for the boy amiibo, hero kelp splat charger for the girl amiibo, and a hero Tentatek Splattershot for the squid, though the octagon replica exists.

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
About that, maybe they would give you a hero krak on roller for the boy amiibo, hero kelp splat charger for the girl amiibo, and a hero Tentatek Splattershot for the squid, though the octagon replica exists.
Hmm yes that would be awesome
I did make a mistake though custom would never happen as they already are customs

Your tantataek idea is very likely the boxes on the girl and boy redesigned amiibos as I stated earlier actually wield the tantataek rather than the splattershot

ChronosXIII

Inkling
NNID
ChronosXIII
While I would have liked for the Squid Sisters to give out missions and rewards like the old 3 Inkling pack, I'm still gonna buy them and the recolors as a Splatoon and amiibo fan. :)

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
That would be pretty cool, gives a reason for people to buy them. Maybe give the squid a Hero Wasabi Splattershot?

LupusFreak

Inkling Cadet
NNID
LupusFreak
If the new songs play during Splatfest matches, I would totally be down. Hearing the same song over and over during Splatfest kinda gets annoying.

Of course, i'm still getting them anyways, though it's a matter of whether I open them or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom