• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Calling all Inklings! - Introducing the Splatnasium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Citrus

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Sylvalum
:echolocator:Introducing the Splatnasium:echolocator:
Presented by Exultance Gaming...

So lately it has been seen around the community talk about Splatoon becoming "dead," or players losing interest in the game or its community. This began as a joke, or a silly meme, but its starting to become real. We personally dont want this game die out so suddenly. Our current answer to this situation is the Splatnasium. The Splatnasium is a project I am working on at the moment, wish we hope will grow into a fun and active Splatoon community to help players stay active in the game. The Splatnasium is home to a large variety of things to do.

:sprinkler:Private Battles:sprinkler:
The Splatnasium is mainly based off of playing private battles in a wide variety of ways.

The Splatnasium is supposed to be an organized hub for players to face off against each other in more than a dozen ways. Of course there are your standard, frequent Pickup rooms with whichever mode, map, weapon, etc., but much more is in development.

:ability_unknown:Weekly Events:ability_unknown:
This community will host fun, weekly events for anybody to participate in to keep things fresh.
The first iteration of these weekly events is: Miscellaneous Monday! Mondays suck, so why not brighten them up? Misc. Monday will feature a session of fun private battles, each edition featuring a unique theme. More events like this will be made in the future.

:ability_tenacity:Minigames:ability_tenacity:
The Splatnasium will host a large variety of awesome minigames to play in.
These are just even more ways to keep the action fresh, but these minigames are also a fun answer to the more casual players. Even the most competitive squid can have a blast in these! I wont spoil any, so you'll have to check out the selection yourself!

:kraken:Rankings:kraken:
A ranking and point system is currently under development. Details will be finalized near Splatnasium launch!

:ability_bombsniffer:Overview:ability_bombsniffer:
Splatnasium is a fun and active community for competitive Splatoon players.
With Pickup games, special events, minigames, rankings, and much more to come, this is the hub for any splatoon player who needs to be active in the game, and wants to have fun doing so.

:ability_bombsniffer:UPDATE [1]:ability_bombsniffer:
I am here to announce some additional details on server features and future Splatnasium Plans!
SERVER FEATURES:
-A helpful Bot to assist any squid who seeks help
-A Minigame Development room so anyone can add to the fun
-Lobby channels to help an Inkling find any needed additional players
-Monthly ballots for the community to shape Splatnasium in the right direction

FUTURE PLANS:
-Teaming up with TO groups for Splatnasium tournaments (Once popularity and population goal for such is reached)
-Presence on social media sites such as Twitter (Once popularity and population goal for such is reached)
-Collaboration with other Splatoon based communities to overall expand Splatoon as a whole

:inkzooka:Launch:inkzooka:
Splatnasium's Discord Server is now open for the public to enjoy
Make sure to spread the invite link across the community!: https://discord.gg/0dWus8Txt7BAzB8r

Credit to WS BoBo for refining the Splatnasium logo!

Last edited:

GameGalaxy64

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlareFusion
Ayy, this looks awesome! So its kinda like Imperious Lounge but open to everyone and less focused on specifically developing the meta? I can't wait to join!

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
Nice one, Citrus.

I will definitely join this one and see if we can get some activity going. The only thing I'm a little concerned is the timezone issue, as I'm from Europe and EU's players always get f**** over in most schedules :D

Ale the Squidling

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SuperAle
This is pretty neat!! I love variety in games and Splatoon somewhat lacks of it. This would take a new breath of casual fun in an upcoming competitive game. I hope to share ideas in the future:)

Aweshucks

Kinda a loser
Event Organizer
NNID
Aweshucks
This looks great. I'm concerned that it may be too much effort to keep up, but if you're able to get a consistent playerbase and keep it running it could prove to be a great resource for the community

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
This is some pretty good stuff Citrus. ;)

I will try to get involve with this when I have the time, hopefully in the long run this project will workout pretty well!

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
I like the idea! If this gets off the ground, it's certainly something I would like to be a part of.

Citrus

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Sylvalum
I'm really appreciating the early support so far, everyone. Expect some minor thread tweeks and maybe a sneak peak of some other things tonight~ ;)

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
Is this just for competitive players or will more casual players that want a high level of play be welcome?

When did the Splatoon community die? I must have missed that...

Citrus

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Sylvalum
Is this just for competitive players or will more casual players that want a high level of play be welcome?

When did the Splatoon community die? I must have missed that...
you dont have to be "competitve" to join, any player in the community is welcome.

:ability_bombsniffer:SMALL UPDATE:ability_bombsniffer:

In about an hour from now, the thread will be updated with some new details and an additional notice. Shortly afterwards, I will present a bit of a sneak peak into future plans, etc. Be excited!​

:ability_bombsniffer:UPDATE [1]:ability_bombsniffer:
I am here to announce some additional details on server features and future Splatnasium Plans!
SERVER FEATURES:

-A helpful Bot to assist any squid who seeks help
-A Minigame Development room so anyone can add to the fun
-Lobby channels to help an Inkling find any needed additional players
-Monthly ballots for the community to shape Splatnasium in the right direction

FUTURE PLANS:
-Teaming up with TO groups for Splatnasium tournaments (Once popularity and population goal for such is reached)
-Presence on social media sites such as Twitter (Once popularity and population goal for such is reached)
-Collaboration with other Splatoon based communities to overall expand Splatoon as a whole

Last edited by a moderator:

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
So question, I guess this server is more geared towards players rather than people like me who don't play. Is it okay if I just lurk around and chime in discussion sometimes?

Citrus

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Sylvalum
So question, I guess this server is more geared towards players rather than people like me who don't play. Is it okay if I just lurk around and chime in discussion sometimes?
Perfectly fine, dude. There will be some reasons we will want some non-player people, such as TOs, etc.

:ability_bombsniffer:ANNOUNCEMENT:ability_bombsniffer:
Exultance Gaming plans to work on the Splatnasium!
Soon, my team sponsor, Exultance Gaming, will help out on working with this project. At the server launch, all of the before mentioned features like frequent PUGs, rankings, special events, etc will be in action. But after that launch, Exultance will help me consistently power up the Splatnasium is many ways, from tournaments to a potenial Splatnasium website, to much more. We want this to truly be the next big thing for the Splatoon community, and we will work hard to make that happen!

Make sure to post on this thread your thoughts!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom