Camp Trigerfish Splash Zones SUCK!

Static

Inkling Cadet
NNID
kevinjamesfan65
Is it just me or Splash Zones on Camp Trigerfish really needs the middle bridge that it has in Rainmainker and Tower Control? I feel like most of the maps which have double Splash Zones need a little bit of fine tuning, as they seem extremely hard to recover from.. at least compared to the single Splash Zone maps. Any input?

Thanks!

Aweshucks

Kinda a loser
Event Organizer
NNID
Aweshucks
Agreed. I don't like most of the two zone maps, because you can't quickly move from one zone to the other. Black belly and flounder are the exceptions here. I think triggerfish was an interesting concept, in that you can see and shoot the other zone but not get there, but it didn't turn out well

pooplooser

Full Squid
I find it absolutely hilarious as I can constantly throw spash walls with the .96 gal, making it very difficult for the other team to ink our zone, and if I'm lucky one of my team mates with the dynamo roller will SHOWER their zone, and win,

Static

Inkling Cadet
NNID
kevinjamesfan65
I like the idea for the Camp Triggerfish Splat Zones. It gives you the chance to make plays and flanks and lots of mind games. At first I didn't like it but you adapt and get better. The only thing I don't like is when there's a dynamo roller playing, it makes the game much more harder.
Hmm by you like the idea for Camp Triggerfish do you mean the current map set up or the idea to change it? Because although.. of course you can still kind of flank on it, as you can on every map. It just seems way too limiting on how many routes you can take. I think it just needs a middle cage bridge and maybe just block off one of the two flanking walk way(referring to the two side walls in each base).

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
Would that not make it too easy to capture both zones since there would be a direct path in between?

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
Yet do we have any maps with zones that close together, or does that not matter much?

Aweshucks

Kinda a loser
Event Organizer
NNID
Aweshucks
Yet do we have any maps with zones that close together, or does that not matter much?
Well we have one zone maps which is basically the same thing. Also, black belly and flounder, while the zones aren't immediately next to each other, it is very easy to get from one to the other

Wonderf

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Wonderf
Hmm by you like the idea for Camp Triggerfish do you mean the current map set up or the idea to change it? Because although.. of course you can still kind of flank on it, as you can on every map. It just seems way too limiting on how many routes you can take. I think it just needs a middle cage bridge and maybe just block off one of the two flanking walk way(referring to the two side walls in each base).
By idea, I mean the current set up of the map. I feel like the two ways on trigger fish are enough, because if there was a bridge in the middle, what would be the point of the side paths? Yes you can flank but you would spend more time trying to get around and it would be much better and faster to go to the middle bridge but I do like your idea on how they should maybe block one of the walls beside the base (preferably the closest one to the base because of the ability to camp the spawn and it's so much harder to get to the spawn camper from where he is.

Aweshucks

Kinda a loser
Event Organizer
NNID
Aweshucks
that's the entire point of a flank though. If you're forced to use it is stops being a flank and ends up just being a really long way to get somewhere

Reactions: Ted

Wonderf

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Wonderf
that's the entire point of a flank though. If you're forced to use it is stops being a flank and ends up just being a really long way to get somewhere
Sorry that I used flank in the wrong terminology, I just wanted to get the point that I liked how Triggerfish Splat Zones causes you to think because of the unusual setup of the paths and the how small the space is between the two Splat zones, you are always actively thinking and making new strategies to overcome your current situation.

Blast

Inactive
NNID
Blastystoise
I do like playing it, but I feel like it heavily favors long range weapons a lot more in general, as there's no real effective way to approach with a short range weapon. Some people can even splat opponents when they're standing in their own zones. Not to mention the walls behind the zones are perfect spots for chargers or Splatlings. It's pretty tough to deal with, especially if you don' have a long range weapon, in my opinion.

MakesDream

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ToastMiller
it emphasizes the idea of having your own zone. and THEN taking the other teams zone.
makes it a lot easier to win w/ randoms

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom