Can I have some advice on flounder heights?

pooplooser

Full Squid
Playing the Custom E-liter 3k scope on this stage is absolutely horrendous! Unless your team takes absolute complete control on both the zones then it is extremely difficult to snipe pretty much anybody defending on the enemy team.
It is my opinion that this map is broken because players can just completely ignore snipers while taking taking care of the objective.
Even when I do get lots of kills (Which is the sniper's job) my team still manages to get completely crushed.
Not even praying and worshiping rezb1t helped with this one, this map is just far to flanky for me and manage to lose every single match.

GirlyMii

Senior Squid
NNID
Miipopal
I remember watching Nikey on this map and him saying it's hard to play on this map as a sniper (splat zones). He stands close to base and just shots across the zones, not really close to the zone at all. Maybe watch a few snipers on twitch to see what they do.

Peaches

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
huntingforfrogs
Yeah, I did the same. Rezb1t helped, but splat zones is awful for snipers. Just keep any distance you can between you and the enemy and stack that dmg up for quick scoping - you'll be doing a lot of it. I recommend using splat chargers honestly, the quicker charge time can mean the difference between a death or a kill. Also, ALWAYS check your flanks!! you need to be expecting someone behind you all the time, and remember it's sometimes a good idea for snipers to flank on this stage, it's pretty much the only stage they can do it on effectively. Personally I like sitting on our roof(behind zone) and trying to defend our zone, also if your zone has been taken try climbing up the walls by the roof and flank enemies. Not many people do it, so it works a lot for me.

pooplooser

Full Squid
Just to add to the rant, it really isn't fun when everybody spams suction bombs onto my perch (They even go the extra mile to inkstrike and inkzooka it as well as disrupt)
I'm seriously thinking I should use the classic e-liter with burst bombs just so I can have a perch to "live" on.
As to you Peaches, that does sound like a good idea. Sometimes when a teammate goes to flank on the far right wall I like to jump to him and put beakons/snipe dynamos. But what usually happens is that my team mate dies then I am forced to back down.
*edit* I use 2 mains and 6 subs of damage up on my gear

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Okay I do have some advice for chargers on this map first off, go down on your lane/ long (area near where you can climb the wall to reach bottom mid, you can essentially force player not to take the top mid grate, keep off away from ledges and even help from player flanking through your zone, later if you can get up on the teams ledge using the small inkable wall off their ramp to their zone, you can essentially close off the entire right side of the map

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Also if you learn the Hitzel (sorry if I botched the name), jumping from beackon to beackon in order to position yourself to get the best shot and get some quick super jump on you can become a dangerous threat to the other team and use either tenacity or special duration up to boost your kraken which is a deadly threat on this map due to the climbable walls

pooplooser

Full Squid
use either tenacity or special duration up to boost your kraken which is a deadly threat on this map due to the climbable walls
I would like to disagree with your kraken statement. This is one of the maps where unless you are literally right next to your enemy then anybody can swim away from any kraken.
Kraken on Flounder heights is only good as a survival card rather than a carrying/push tool.

Zarklord

Inkling
NNID
Zarklord
For eliters: One thing I would say is use the main snipe right at your base(the one right next to the map of the place) ive gotten plenty of kills and its very hard to get killed.
Two full charge shots to the opposing team zone will uncap it, meaning they will always have to have somebody back to re-ink their zone, especially when the opposing teams losing in overtime its practically impossible for them to win due to me constantly shooting their zone.
as long as you have good accuracy you can pick people of the middle grate...

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Don't go to the center, especially if you're E-Liter because with all the climbable walls it's too easy to get ambushed. Snipers usually hang around that perch overlooking the center(the one with a thing that looks like a water container on it), even then it's not that safe because it's likely someone will whip out an Inzooka out at some point.

Generally speaking this is not a sniper map, or at least not a very fun one. If you're playing Solo Queue i'd reccommend trying out something else.

Archæa

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ArchaeaNFS
Flounder heights (as has been said many times previously by other commenters) is possibly the worst map for snipers, particularly the E-liter. If you have your heart set on sniping, I would recommend using a splat charger/scope or even a squiffer, since to win, you will need to take a more close-range and aggressive play style, however I still would stay away from chargers period on this map.

KayB

Semi-Pro Squid
If you're in the A rank, you can get away with camping on your perch and sniping people crossing the bridge and if you're lucky/good sniping people on the enemy's splatzone (it is possible to reach it). It also covers most of the underpass so you can mostly cover that flank too. It's a bit of a gimmick strategy since people can throw suction bombs/counter-snipe you and it also demands practically perfect accuracy, but if you're able to pull it off you essentially can cut-off one or two paths to your splatzones. You can spam sniper shots to the enemy splat zones to ink too if you like.

I haven't really tried this in S rank, I'd imagine it's not that great against stronger players, but if you're desperate you can try going for it. It's worked for me with surprising frequency in the A-rank range. I'd also assume that you might be doing this already but not doing that well.

My second solution is either to get really amazing at this strategy above because in theory it's possibly very effective or just pick up a splat charger/squiffer/bamboozler. Once you take the initiative, you can camp on the slope and cut off that pathway there. It's personally easier for me with the bamboozler, but I guess you'd fit better with the splat charger or maybe even a squiffer.

Zarklord

Inkling
NNID
Zarklord
If you're in the A rank, you can get away with camping on your perch and sniping people crossing the bridge and if you're lucky/good sniping people on the enemy's splatzone (it is possible to reach it). It also covers most of the underpass so you can mostly cover that flank too. It's a bit of a gimmick strategy since people can throw suction bombs/counter-snipe you and it also demands practically perfect accuracy, but if you're able to pull it off you essentially can cut-off one or two paths to your splatzones. You can spam sniper shots to the enemy splat zones to ink too if you like.

I haven't really tried this in S rank, I'd imagine it's not that great against stronger players, but if you're desperate you can try going for it. It's worked for me with surprising frequency in the A-rank range. I'd also assume that you might be doing this already but not doing that well.

My second solution is either to get really amazing at this strategy above because in theory it's possibly very effective or just pick up a splat charger/squiffer/bamboozler. Once you take the initiative, you can camp on the slope and cut off that pathway there. It's personally easier for me with the bamboozler, but I guess you'd fit better with the splat charger or maybe even a squiffer.
My post above was from an experience I had like two days before in rank S(to clarify I'm also a high S I.E. always at at least S60 or Higher...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom