Can we Establish a Courtesy Rule: Don't Swim/Jump Into Line-of-Fire?

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
It's been happening way too much, and i'm kind of getting ticked off. You have the perfect shot, nothing can go wrong, when your other teammate jumps in front of you ninja squid style, and blocks every shot you take, causing one, or both of you to get splatted. This is especially true when you're using the charger/splatling. We feel like idiots standing there without a charge, and can only hope our sub works.

I thought that was shooting 101. Never get into someone's line of fire. I know sometimes you can't help it, but when moments like those pop up, please go behind. not only does it help you survey the area better, but you don't jump right into danger or crossfire.

Reactions: Rob

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
This is especially true when super jumping in. Chargers tend to have good, safe spawn points, but please immediately go to squid form to prevent body blocking.

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
Sorry folks. meant any type of fire interception. edited title to reflect.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I remember once in Blackbelly Skatepark where a Charger that kept missing all his shots kept blocking me from splatting the enemy spawn camping us; I haven't screamed so hard in anger in a while :confused:

CoCo

Inkling
NNID
JupiterJack
a Charger that kept missing all his shots kept blocking me from splatting the enemy spawn camping us
As an E-liter Scoper, can't say I'm not guilty of doing the same thing when I first started playing :p

Bad things start to happen when salt levels rise in a squid, making them narrow minded and going all-in instead of exploring other more efficient solutions to a problem such as getting spawn camped. This also includes not giving a damn of what your teammates are doing - a huge error that likely leads to defeat.

That's why whenever these things happen, I always refer to Liam Neeson constantly in my head to "mind your sorroundings"

_clementine

Inkster Jr.
I think that most people know this, but it's kind of hard to think about it in the heat of battle, especially when you're a newer player and you're still getting used to the game.
One of the most important things is to mind your surroundings, which includes your teammates. If they're getting in the way, you just have to work around them or find another angle.

Relados

Senior Squid
As a frequent charger user, I can confirm that allies are a burden when it comes to this

There are some cases where it happens at a choke point or at a moment where it's hard to move out of the way, which makes me wish hitting your teammates did something, either heal them or restore their ammo or whatever - after all, if getting hit with alternate-colored ink is bad, getting hit with same-colored ink should have good results.

CoCo

Inkling
NNID
JupiterJack
As a frequent charger user, I can confirm that allies are a burden when it comes to this
That shoobie did that foolishness on purpose. Just watching this made me upset for you.

Las7

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Las7man
My favorite is when someone is super jumping and doesn't automatically go into squid form when they land.
Or people who could stand anywhere to ambush an opposition super jump inklings but decide to stand right in front of me.

I can understand the frustration for any other weapon but with a charger it's a mistake which could cost the victory. Especially with the E-liter with the longer charge times one missed shot can be super frustrating.

Samuel_1802

Inkling
NNID
Samuel1802
I main the Slosher, and I must say this is as troublesome as with Chargers. Even if they just block a small part of the ink trail, the game just says "nope" and your teammate swallows the entire thing. I like @Relados's idea, hitting a teammate with your ink should heal or restore their ink, I can see it being useful in a pinch.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
That shoobie did that foolishness on purpose. Just watching this made me upset for you.
Pretty sure he just wanted him to see his beautiful camofedora.

Seriously though, i've seen this happen now and then and i usually go somewhere else. It also helps because we'll be able to attack from multiple angles and won't get doublesplatted by blasters/bombs. Still kind of irritating when someone shoves his/her face in your visor by accident.

Tbh it's nowhere near as annoying as people who superjump to you, sometimes the entire team while you're directly in a firefight/hiding. I cannot guarantee i'll be alive ~6 seconds from now and if i'm not it's a(nother) free quad for the enemy. Sometimes people just jump en masse to their doom when it's safer and faster to just go there by squid.

CoCo

Inkling
NNID
JupiterJack
Sometimes people just jump en masse to their doom when it's safer and faster to just go there by squid.
I see that happen TOO many times it's scary. In S rank too OF ALL PLACES XD

Switch Friend Code
SW-7067-7083-1429
I only body-block allied shots when they're trying to ruin my squid party I'm having with the other team XD

As long as you and your ally go at an enemy from two different angles, rather than both attacking from the same direction, you can probably avoid blocking each others' shots pretty easily, as well as have a more successful time taking out the enemy you were going for. But hey, accidents happen. Sometimes it can't be avoided.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom