• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Cannot switch to Octoling

PeterTL

Inkling
Hi,

My son just completed the Octo DLC and now wants to change his character to Octoling. When he goes to character selection only male and female are there. I already restarted game and console but nothing changes.

Any idea what we are doing wrong?

Peter

samaya

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2437-6092-3911
is his switch update?

Johnny Boy

Inkling
Ok so just answer these questions so i can figure out what's wrong!

1. Did you die when beating the final boss

2. have you beaten inner agent 3

3. is your switch account linked?

4. have you hacked?

5.Have you have done ANYTHING BAD?

PeterTL

Inkling
Ok so just answer these questions so i can figure out what's wrong!
I am happy to!

1. Did you die when beating the final boss
My son tried the first time and lost his 3 lifes. During the 2nd try he did not die.

2. have you beaten inner agent 3
Not sure about that. But I checked and he managed all 28 levels of the DLC so that should mean he also beat inner agent 3, or is there another way to check?

3. is your switch account linked?
Yes, it is linked to a paid Nintendo account.

4. have you hacked?
No, both game and DLC were purchased, the game in a department store and the DLC via digital purchase in Nintendo store.

5.Have you have done ANYTHING BAD?
Not that I am aware of. The only thing I could remember... we purchased the game somewhen last year and my son made a longer pause to finish it. So there might have been different software versions in between.

PeterTL

Inkling
I think we did something stupid. We finished the Octo Canyon because we assumed when doing so we get the Octoling. Seems like we have to finish the subway instead. :-(

samaya

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2437-6092-3911
hmm i think you just need to beat tar trar

banyochan

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6259-3813-8693
The game should switch the character to octoling after defeating the final boss, chances are it wasn't beaten yet. That ending sequence is separate from the metro levels and is normally activated by that blender (which should be broken after beating it).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom