• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Capturing Button

HammerHead

Inkling
NNID
sametodd13
So I've begun using the capture functionality to record Splatoon matches. The only problem is that the button is a little hard to reach so i have to interrupt the match for several seconds to reach my thumb off the right stick and hold the button down. This means i cant move. Any suggestions?

PS i think its worth noting that if you do two captures close enough together, the second will start the frame after the first ended

BBGrenorange

Inkling Cadet
I have that problem too.

I got a sick inkjet kill (he was like halfway across the map and I just flicked it at him and got him), then landed back on the tower and almost got killed because I was in the middle of a 1v2 situation while trying to push the record button.

Still came out on top though (Booyah).

The best I can say is it records the last 30s so you have some time to get away from the action to safely push the button.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
I try to time it for when I have to recover ink anyway, but yeah -- it can be difficult.

HammerHead

Inkling
NNID
sametodd13
I have that problem too.

I got a sick inkjet kill (he was like halfway across the map and I just flicked it at him and got him), then landed back on the tower and almost got killed because I was in the middle of a 1v2 situation while trying to push the record button.

Still came out on top though (Booyah).

The best I can say is it records the last 30s so you have some time to get away from the action to safely push the button.
I’ve been doing it every time I get splatted, but if I don’t get splatted then it starts interrupting gameplay

EpicSonicLatios

Inkling
NNID
EpicSonicLatios
I only do it if I just got splatted, or if I get 3-4 kills or some other noteworthy moment. It’s a really good tool to record your deaths you so can figure out why you died and make some adjustments. I’ve also had several noteworthy rainmaker runs that I would have lost if I couldn’t record them.

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
I usually back out a couple steps before hitting that button but I've been very cautious when using it, tbh. I reserve the record feature for when I get a triple or otherwise memorable shot or when I died and want to analyze my mistakes. If you want to record full matches all the time you might want to set up a capture card instead of relying on the internal switch recording feature.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
You using joycon, pro controller or other?

Unless I'm really in the middle of something, I can get that two-second press then immediately go back to focusing on whatever as soon as that notification box pops up. Afterall, the capture is just saving what happened immediately before I activated it.

Sifu

Look Behind You
Switch Friend Code
SW-3816-1808-3393
I generally only capture when I get a triple or a quad- that way I’m not likely to get ambushed- though I did have a play yesterday where the one survivor charged at me right as I was pressing the record button... I still killed him, though.

A good habit could be to take a moment after the play to make sure you are safe before you press the button, because there is plenty of footage.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
What in the world is the capture function
Hold down the capture button now and the game will record the previous 30 seconds of footage as a video you can edit and upload to twitter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom