Carbon Roller Deco: Discuss.

plantknowsyourlocation

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-7194-5500-0728
my philosophy with roller builds since splatoon 1 isn't "how much ssu should I be running" it's "how little of everything else can I afford to run for more ssu." Even if it's just a slight increase in movement it's worth it. I still like bdef just situationally
that philosophy is kinda baller tbh

silly

Inkster Jr.
These are my current builds for carbon. Any suggestions?
View attachment 8922
I don't recommend using scu as a value sub, it also doesn't subtract from your points to special it just increases your points per paint which isn't that effective on carbon since it paints so little. On the quick respawn build I wouldn't recommend using less than 1m2s of QR, the ability isn't really that effective unless you stack it.

Retro_Wolf

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3631-4982-0610
I don't recommend using scu as a value sub, it also doesn't subtract from your points to special it just increases your points per paint which isn't that effective on carbon since it paints so little. On the quick respawn build I wouldn't recommend using less than 1m2s of QR, the ability isn't really that effective unless you stack it.
Thank you, and thank you for the tip on scu! With the first build I was going for more of a build for a tacticooler comp (which I am not experienced in). Forgive me if I am just being stupid lol. Because I do realize that if I'm going for tacticooler without nj, that it would probablybe a lot more valuable for me to use my second main for qr especially considering the fact that I most likely will not have tacticooler everytime I die. Anymore suggestions for tacticooler, or should I just continue to focus on qr anyways?

silly

Inkster Jr.
Thank you, and thank you for the tip on scu! With the first build I was going for more of a build for a tacticooler comp (which I am not experienced in). Forgive me if I am just being stupid lol. Because I do realize that if I'm going for tacticooler without nj, that it would probablybe a lot more valuable for me to use my second main for qr especially considering the fact that I most likely will not have tacticooler everytime I die. Anymore suggestions for tacticooler, or should I just continue to focus on qr anyways?
You can still run ninja squid even with tacticooler, obviously it's less effective but NS is just such a powerful ability on Carbon that it's usually worth running even without NS. If you are looking for non NS builds for when you use Tacticooler it also totally makes sense, and this is what I use.
1706768733621.png
1706768863426.png

Honestly the subs on this build could probably be tweaked slightly. I don't really think Sub Power always provides enough value, and if you wanted you could cut the ssu for bdef. You could probably run something like the second build, with the last sub being any value sub you want probably bdef.
1706769001084.png
1706769027145.png
1706769377943.png

As far as respawn focused builds go this is what I use, but I've kind of phased out haunt. It's still useful occasionally against other aggressive sharking weapons if I decide I shouldn't be using NS. I use Comeback > Full QR when I think I'm going to be put on lockout a lot and Zooka is one of our primary tools of breaking out of lockout, and full QR if I want to commit to aggressively trading. The last two builds I don't have fully built in game, but they're adapted from other Carbon players I know/have fought. (Zlook and Vera respectively.) Also, the QR Comeback NS build Eevee posted earlier in the thread is great as well.

Lynnie

Inkling
View attachment 8894
This build is solid, but one thing I would like to talk about is the Sub Power Up. having played with SPU on my builds on and off over the past 5 years it really hasn't been all that helpful, the effects aren't that potent and you're just better off running more swimspeed (.2 spu -> .2 ssu) or putting in a 3rd qsj sub + .1 extra ssu. I wouldn't add more ink saver sub because .1 is a benchmark for 1 more flick and to get any more flicks out of it requires too much (as we will see later). You may think "Oh well I can run Ink Recovery Up instead that will help." No that ability curve is awful so you need to invest a lot into it to see any difference and by that point you're gonna be missing out on more important abilities.
I've considered dropping the sub power up for a while, i had it when i picked it up a few months ago from when splash was good, i just havent really had the chunks to replace it fully with swim speed. would.1 swim speed and .1 ink res be viable?

Funky_Eevee

Full Squid
I've considered dropping the sub power up for a while, i had it when i picked it up a few months ago from when splash was good, i just havent really had the chunks to replace it fully with swim speed. would.1 swim speed and .1 ink res be viable?
yeah adding a 2nd ink res is fine swapping around utility subs is preference imo

Zonink

DUNKACCINO
Premium
Switch Friend Code
SW-0113-7061-9838
yeah adding a 2nd ink res is fine swapping around utility subs is preference imo
Not a carbon player but I remember hearing something about people running 3 subs of inkres on carbon/brushes do you know anything about that? all I know was that it had something to do with mpu.

Funky_Eevee

Full Squid
Not a carbon player but I remember hearing something about people running 3 subs of inkres on carbon/brushes do you know anything about that? all I know was that it had something to do with mpu.
that was spread around a while back, and I did try it but I preferred more qsj over more res

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom