• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Carbon Roller on Tower Control

Konsento

Inkling
NNID
Yell0wCutlass
I'll say it outright: I main Carbon Roller on Tower Control.
Yes, I'm a really weird person; please don't judge.

But seriously, I don't think I've seen any other player use Carbon Roller on Tower Control.
I do have a few reasons to use this, though.

The Carbon Roller is fast. Not as fast as the Inkbrush in its swift movements, but fast enough to take out lots of shooters at the whirlwind of paint surrounding the tower. With the Special charge up, I can also quickly use the Inkzooka to go up against more ranged enemies and help create paths even quicker.

(I tend to have a really fast playstyle, by the way.)

Despite the horrid range, the Carbon Roller's paint flick is pretty fast, and an ensured OH-KO unless someone has some defense ups. It's essentially a 180-degree melee Blaster in this situation, which really helps because I suck at aiming.

Since TC is so close range, I've gotten 21-6 KO ratios in some cases.

But sure, I'm still not very knowledgable about this kind of stuff, so who am I kidding?
I might look like a total idiot. (And sure, I might be one too, using a roller in TC.)

Well, I'm hoping for some feedback; see what you guys say... and if anyone else is using Carbon Roller on TC :)
Is there another weapon that suits my playstyle that also works?

KiD InK

Inkster Jr.
NNID
HymeTime47
Depending on your rank (mine is B+) so matching vs B+ and a variety of A's produces almost 90% rollers (Krak on and Carbon usually) #goawaykrakens

:) :)

ZainreFang

Pro Squid
NNID
ZainreFang
Yeah, there's nothing weird about that. Any Roller is good as they all kill people in 1 hit.

Konsento

Inkling
NNID
Yell0wCutlass
Haha didn't know that... fail
I'm C+... there's always an aerospray crowd where i play

bluecrow

Senior Squid
Now I just hate TC as a mode, not as a roller player
Depending on your rank (mine is B+) so matching vs B+ and a variety of A's produces almost 90% rollers (Krak on and Carbon usually) #goawaykrakens

:) :)
that awkward moment when you prefer regular splat roller...
I might look like a total idiot. (And sure, I might be one too, using a roller in TC.)
even though TC is a bad ranked mode (no really it heavily favors certain abilities/weapons way too much)
there is nothing wrong with roller in TC

KiD InK

Inkster Jr.
NNID
HymeTime47

even though TC is a bad ranked mode (no really it heavily favors certain abilities/weapons way too much)
Roller in TC is amazing on maps. Just get ninja jump and go to work. I like having the suction bombs/Kraken combo on my team. Nothing can touch a kraken chilling on the tower towards the end. Better than the bubbler because it's harder to knock off. Suction bombs are stellar.

bluecrow

Senior Squid
Roller in TC is amazing on maps. Just get ninja jump and go to work. I like having the suction bombs/Kraken combo on my team. Nothing can touch a kraken chilling on the tower towards the end. Better than the bubbler because it's harder to knock off. Suction bombs are stellar.
  1. I never said rollers are bad in TC, I said TC is a crappy mode for ranked play. In fact I made it very clear
  2. :kraken: is easier to knock off, they increased knock back taken after all and :kraken: only effects one person, so it is inherently easier to remove

KiD InK

Inkster Jr.
NNID
HymeTime47
  1. I never said rollers are bad in TC, I said TC is a crappy mode for ranked play. In fact I made it very clear

2. :kraken: is easier to knock off, they increased knock back taken after all and :kraken: only effects one person, so it is inherently easier to remove
Oh I didn't mean like anything by it. Was stating kind of my opinion which was like yours? Sorry! :/

Konsento

Inkling
NNID
Yell0wCutlass
Haha! Woah, woah, no need to start a flame war!

I recently moved up to B- and now I'm seeing quite a few rollers (Dynamo and Carbon to be exact)
There's definitely more variety here...

Any weapon that works well close range works in this mode :)

Konsento

Inkling
NNID
Yell0wCutlass

Lol yeah. TC is extremely biased towards powerful close-range weapons (e.g. rollers, blasters, short-range guns like the Splash-O-Matic)
But, well, I enjoy it because I've always been playing close-range...
What I have noticed, though, is that as long as there's at least a few perches on the map (Bluefin Depot, Kelp Dome, Arowana Mall, etc.) then Chargers do have a fighting chance to defeat the players on the tower, because they're outranged.

Konsento

Inkling
NNID
Yell0wCutlass
On a seperate note, do you know any other guns that fit my playstyle?

Konsento

Inkling
NNID
Yell0wCutlass
Ever tried the the Splattershot Pro? I personally pack the Astro Blaster in TC, with a Main Defense + and 2 Sup Defense+, it's glorius
Is that the Luna Blaster? I was thinking about trying that... :)
Well, I generally lean towards guns with fast fire rates. I tried to use the Splattershot Pro, but it didn't exactly work well with me in battle.

Psycho_Wendigo

Resident World Devourer
NNID
PyschoWendigo
Is that the Luna Blaster? I was thinking about trying that... :)
Well, I generally lean towards guns with fast fire rates. I tried to use the Splattershot Pro, but it didn't exactly work well with me in battle.
Yeah, Luna, dunno why I said Astro, guess the space theme throught me off

Nero86

Inkling Cadet
NNID
nero86
Carbon is one of my favorite weapons, the vanilla one fits so well in almost every map + mode combination for me. Don't think it's that weird to play with it on TC. (otherwise, I'm weird too)

SonnyBlueBalls

Full Squid
NNID
ReaganMcClellan
I used to main carbon roller for a while. You'll learn its one of the best weapons in the game.

-*-

Full Squid
I'll say it outright: I main Carbon Roller on Tower Control.
Yes, I'm a really weird person; please don't judge.

But seriously, I don't think I've seen any other player use Carbon Roller on Tower Control.
I do have a few reasons to use this, though.

The Carbon Roller is fast. Not as fast as the Inkbrush in its swift movements, but fast enough to take out lots of shooters at the whirlwind of paint surrounding the tower. With the Special charge up, I can also quickly use the Inkzooka to go up against more ranged enemies and help create paths even quicker.

(I tend to have a really fast playstyle, by the way.)

Despite the horrid range, the Carbon Roller's paint flick is pretty fast, and an ensured OH-KO unless someone has some defense ups. It's essentially a 180-degree melee Blaster in this situation, which really helps because I suck at aiming.

Since TC is so close range, I've gotten 21-6 KO ratios in some cases.

But sure, I'm still not very knowledgable about this kind of stuff, so who am I kidding?

Well, I'm hoping for some feedback; see what you guys say... and if anyone else is using Carbon Roller on TC :)
Is there another weapon that suits my playstyle that also works?
Zero to apologize for. Rollers are nightmares , especially ones who can equip and run ninja squid properly. Keep up the good work and you’ll destroy the competition, stick with rollers, they are a unique one of a kind weapon

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom