• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

CHARGE!!! A Guide to the Splat Roller

CHARGE!!! A Guide to the Splat Roller

jp4464

Jazzy Inkling
NNID
jp4464
jp4464 submitted a new guide:

CHARGE!!! A Guide to the Splat Roller - Includes brief overview of weapon and weapon builds, as well as Team Composition

About the Splat Roller

Excellent at laying down Ink

Close-Range Weapon

Limited Range

Has a Projectile attack

Does not excel at Inking walls

Overview

This weapon does best in game modes like Turf War, where the objective is to cover as much of the level in ink as possible. The Splat Roller ultimately succeeds in this, due to its wide ink trail and great mobility. While the Splat Roller is great for laying down ink for your allies, this weapon should be played like a “run and...
Read more about this guide...

Last edited:

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Ooh, nice. I think it's a little early to make Guides, since it's all speculation atm. Still nice Guide, though!
!

TheGentlebro

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Gentlebro
Can't wait for more of these and for this one to be expanded upon when the game comes out. Will be very nice to know the ins and outs of the weapons.

Reactions: Lyn

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Admin
Premium
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
Warchamp7
Fixed that issue. Apologies!

Reactions: Lyn

Faty

Inkling
This weapon hyped me up for this game for some reason lol. Can't wait to see what tricks the competitive Splatoon community finds!:D

Unessential

Full Squid
slight copy and paste error, your link still says splat charger instead of roller. It confused me a bit since I had both pages open in different tabs.

txteclipse

Inkling
NNID
txteclipse
That's a good basis, excellent job. Some comments: one of the versions revealed in the Nintendo Direct today can block enemy fire, so that might be good for tanking. I'd say this weapon is excellent for close-quarters combat where you can pop around a corner and steamroll someone or block incoming fire just long enough for some teammates to waste the enemy.

The best way to counter this weapon would be to gain higher ground, since it's hard for people using the splat roller to paint walls. Keeping your distance is also a biggie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom