Charger - motion controls or not?

When using a charger, which control do you use?

• Total voters

Dobar

Inkling
NNID
Dobar1
Ahoi squidlings.

I have been using the analog sticks from level 1 - 50 and the S-rank.

Until now.
I just made my first second accont and my goal with it is to learn to use the motion control from scratch.

And to my suprise did it go well, very well. Expect for the chargers/snipers.

So my questions are:
- Does anyone of you S-ranked (and higher) / pro players use motion controls while using chargers?
- If yes, what camera sensitivity are you then using?
- Does anyone mix it up, use analog sticks with the chargers and motion controls with the rest?

Also, don't hesitate to explain why what ever your answer might be.

/ D

Cuttlefish

...........Oops! I fell asleep!
NNID
tokkers
I use motion controls with everything, including chargers. its actually a valuable asset as long as you use it properly.

you should be using the sticks to aim, and then the motion controls for adjustments / flicking / what not. probably helps I've been using motion controls since the beginning, but this is mostly how it goes.

usually -2 sensitivity, you're gonna want something low to be able to make those fine adjustments, but not TOO low.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I use squelchers, which is close enough that I can chip in. Analog technically might have steadier aim, but that shouldn't be a factor most of the time - As long as your hands aren't jittery, the motion controls offer superior mobility and tracking. The "snap shot" technique so many high-level chargers use probably wouldn't work with just the sticks.

dylan_not_bob

Stardust Crusquider
I used stick controls for everything util about level 30. Up 'til then I was most using Splattershot Jr., Inkbrush, NZ89 and Splash-o-matic. Around level 30, I wanted to learn Zink Mini, but Iw as having a hard time aiming with it. Switched to motion controls to facilitate my zimi, and now I use them for all weapons.

Dobar

Inkling
NNID
Dobar1
I use motion controls with everything, including chargers. its actually a valuable asset as long as you use it properly.

you should be using the sticks to aim, and then the motion controls for adjustments / flicking / what not. probably helps I've been using motion controls since the beginning, but this is mostly how it goes.

usually -2 sensitivity, you're gonna want something low to be able to make those fine adjustments, but not TOO low.
I tried -2 now. Did go so much better. Thank you!

But what about other weapons, such as shooters, are you then having around 5+?

Last edited:

Cuttlefish

...........Oops! I fell asleep!
NNID
tokkers
I tried -2 now. Did go so much better. Thank you!

But what about other weapons, such as shooters, are you then having around 5+?
you're welcome!

i don't use shooters very much right now haha, but i usually just go 0 or +2 for them, only because i have bad tremors. i find that +/-2 is a good starting point for either end though!

Legit-Yite

Inkling
NNID
hanslin
Not that high up in the ranks (A)
I use MC and the sensitivity for the chargers is -4
I get around an average 4-10 in KD

Mystrite

Full Squid
NNID
toffee_too_too
I'm S and have been using Motion all the way. IT IS ESSENTIAL FOR CHARGERS. Since it lets you 'snap' shots and quickly adjust your aim. The only problem I have with it is that some times when I line up a shot my hand twitches and I miss. I can't understand how people use sticks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom