• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Chargers - Open Fire!

OrenjiBoy135

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
OrenjiBoy145
When it comes to Chargers, many say how bad they are at close quarters. Now I bring to you.... Rapid Firing for Charger weapons!

Just tap RZ multiple times! ..But similarly to Splatdashing, you have to go at a specific rhythm to get the most out of it.

While Rapid Firing;
-You move almost as fast as your regular speed!
-Ground suddenly becomes easier to cover!
-You can combine this with Splatdashing for efficient coverage!
-The range of a tap is better than the average shooter!

While not dealing as much damage, and chewing up small chunks of ink, you can pressure foes AND surprise them with this trick.

Last edited:

Turnip

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Snowdrop12320
I've noticed that if you've got a short range weapon like a splattershot or a roller coming after you, this technique can save you in a pinch.

I don't think it's making optimal use of the weapon, but it's definitely a great survival strategy.

On that topic, what do you do about dual squelchers/.52 Gals coming after you?

Boolerex

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Boolerex
Tapping with charger is clearly not useless ; notable use for me including finishing someone who took two hit from a spriker ; quickly cleaning the splatzone or as a last-ditch attempt to get someone shooting me (mostly don't work ; but then it do it awesome)

As for just claiming turf ; I generally prefer charged shot as they generally cover more turf as I saw.

Cloudy Venom

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Cloudyvenom
I've noticed that if you've got a short range weapon like a splattershot or a roller coming after you, this technique can save you in a pinch.

I don't think it's making optimal use of the weapon, but it's definitely a great survival strategy.

On that topic, what do you do about dual squelchers/.52 Gals coming after you?
If you ask me i'd say it's time to run away get distance and try to snipe them, or go for that one lucky shot

mewtheed

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Mewtheed
This technique saved me many time against rollers. I think you can kill an opponent in 2 or 3 shots with this. Definitely a trick to remember.

Beariie

Full Squid
Quick tapping charger sometimes does no damage, the ink will come out maybe touch the target but it wouldnt really do anything. Its odd.

But if i see ink raining down on me and my character is reacting to a small puddle of ink, i just give up if im on the same floor level as the other player.

Cloudy Venom

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Cloudyvenom
It's kinda crazy how effective it is with Ink Resistance. For those who don't know, you normally run at 15% speed in enemy ink. Ink Resistance bumps it up to 80.
Are these legit numbers or just "it practically feels this way" either way it seems useful but i'm curious

OrenjiBoy135

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
OrenjiBoy145
Rapid Firing works best with the E-Liter 3K series, since its range rivals most shooters and deals a lot of damage, without draining your ink at high speeds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom