Chargers - Sniped from below (out of sight)?

Awful

Inkling
Been playing around a bit with the Chargers and have noticed I get some random kills sometimes when people are ABOVE me and in squid form (i.e., I cannot see them as they are submerged in ink, but yet I still land the kill).

Maybe a few good examples of this are on tower control when the tower is above me, squid submerged, and I land a kill. Another example that has happened quite a few times: On Urchin Underpass, I have sniped people who stand on the small tower while below on the little ramp.

Thoughts?

Ayasha89

Full Squid
NNID
Ayasha89
Possible lag. Another explaination could be that, even while in squid form, you aren't completely flat against the ground. So it can easily be that your shot still hits them at the right height and angle.

HubandLux

Inkster Jr.
NNID
HubandLux
I'm almost positive your hitbox while submerged in ink is 3-dimentional. I'd assume it's the same as when you aren't submerged in ink while in squid form. This certainly isn't lag, as I've done it many times.

Awful

Inkling
I'm almost positive your hitbox while submerged in ink is 3-dimentional. I'd assume it's the same as when you aren't submerged in ink while in squid form. This certainly isn't lag, as I've done it many times.
Hmm....Am I reading your comment right? On flat ground if someone is in my cross-hair standing in human form, but then simply submerges into squid form (i.e., is now in the ink and I can't see the person anymore), and i don't move the cursor and fire, will I hit him or will it pass over him?

VideoGameVirtuoso

Pro Squid
NNID
ExtremeTechPro
Hmm....Am I reading your comment right? On flat ground if someone is in my cross-hair standing in human form, but then simply submerges into squid form (i.e., is now in the ink and I can't see the person anymore), and i don't move the cursor and fire, will I hit him or will it pass over him?
It depends if your crosshair is on the ground that the Inkling was on or not. When in Squid form, your hurtbox is greatly reduced and only a direct shot into the ink will splat you. I can confirm this since I use the Krak-On Roller and go up against chargers all the time. Most often I will be in Squid form and force chargers to gamble where I am.

However, if the line of sight is very close to the ground, you can get splatted even if they were not directly aiming at you. I learned this when trying to swim straight into the line of fire...

mm201

Senior Squid
NNID
kaizo201
I'm almost positive your hitbox while submerged in ink is 3-dimentional.
Not only that, but I think it also extends into the ground, so that when you're at the top of a ledge, it extends down the ledge a bit, so that when a charger shoots the top of the ledge to, say, ink a climbable column, you can get splatted.

Awful

Inkling
Not only that, but I think it also extends into the ground, so that when you're at the top of a ledge, it extends down the ledge a bit, so that when a charger shoots the top of the ledge to, say, ink a climbable column, you can get splatted.
Will you see ink? Or does it bleed over the edge even though you can't see ink?

HubandLux

Inkster Jr.
NNID
HubandLux
There are certainly some interesting theories here. I'll try testing them out sometime this week and I'll post the results here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom