Chargers: To scope or not to scope?

RonanM52

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Crazyronan3000
So I've been practing chargers a lot recently and my skills are coming along nicely. So now I'm wondering if I should buy a splatterscope? I've seen some people who do amazing with it (thatscrubdude) and I was also wondering what are the pros and cons of it? Thanks for the help squids!

Metarai

Inkling
NNID
Metarai
Hello again! I personally would recommend buying a splatterscope. The pros of a scope is that it makes far away enemies easier to hit, also it has a little extra range. The con of a scope is the tunnel vision of zooming in far away, you may not be aware of what is happening around you. You should buy a splatterscope and test it out, see if you prefer the scope or not. I feel that the cons of a scope is not too bad if you don't stay zoomed in for too long.

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
If you have hyperactive brain sense centers like me, then don't use the scope. The disorientation would kill you. Also tunnel vision can be a big downside a lot of the time I find. Using the normal E-Liter, I usually can bail if someone tries to flank me.

lostleader

Senior Squid
NNID
lostleader
NO SCOPING ZE NO! NO ES SCOPING

That extra bit of range is not worth losing that field of vision. It has honestly saved me a lot of times by being able to responded properly to an enemy trying to sneaky sneaky there way to me, and honestly I even get a lot of chargers that scope because of that tunnel vision. Not to mention the headache you get when using the darn scope when you are trying to rush all over the place. Just nope. I don't plan on sniping, I plan on charging!!!!

RonanM52

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Crazyronan3000
After a few rounds of scoping I decided that's not for me :( thanks for awesome feedback though guys. I'll try it again when I've gotten better

Gab

Inkling
NNID
Yeonji
I find the splatterscope more comfortable to use than the splat charger--it charges quickly enough that you can quickscope very effectively with it, and I feel like charging when you're about to shoot instead of keeping the gun charged is the best way to use the splat charger. The extra range from the scope doesn't seem like much on paper, but it can actually make a big difference more often than you'd think. I usually prefer the regular E-liter over the scoped version, though, because the slow charge time means you need to keep it charged and ready (and, with a scope, zoomed in) more often, which is an easy way to get yourself killed on most maps, unless you're able to keep an eye on the screen and an eye on the gamepad and you're very aware of what's going on around you.

vtroid5

Full Squid
NNID
vtroid5
Use the scope. It's basically some free added range imo. As for the tunnel vision fear... Don't sit there fully charged. Charge while aimed at ground, flick, shoot and repeat.

A big factor with the charger is map awareness which takes practice... Doesn't matter scope or not (although no scope will allow you to get away with more).

meleesplatter

Inkling Cadet
NNID
meleebrawler
I personally think the only charger with a scope that has the range to warrant using one is the e-liter.

Dolphoshi

Pro Squid
I don't use a scope on my e-liter because first off The flank is real and second the tiny bit of range isn't going to be omniimportant as a charger you need to know what is going on around you. if you are scoping i will target you when you are scoping because you won't be able to know where i'm

Vitezen

Inkling Cadet
Scope users are much more common than unscoped users, especially at a higher level.

Cullen

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
CullenDaGaDee
Switch Friend Code
SW-0399-9657-5873
I just use scoped as a matter of preference, I'm sure at the end of the day I could play either equally well. (Which is to say not very, but that's another issue entirely) A lot of people say the limited field of view hurts, and I don't really see it. It really only comes into play if you're holding a full charge for an extended amount of time, and frankly most situations where I die using scope would play out the same non-scoped. About the only thing the limited field of view really hurts with is trying to shoot someone really close to you, which is what you should be avoiding. (Splatterscope and Eliter-3K have counters to this anyway with their bombs)

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
I prefer non-scoped weapons, not because the tunnel vision, but because the zooming in is somewhat disorienting to me and I feel more comfortable just aiming normally.

Samuel_1802

Inkling
NNID
Samuel1802
I personally prefer the Splatterscopes over the regular Splat Chargers, the little bit of extra range and the zooming in, helps for being more accurate, and since the charge time is relatively quick I only have the tunnel vision strictly when necessary. I've seen a lot of people play the Splatterscope like any regular old Splat Charger but it really shouldn't be like that. The non-scoped versions have the liberty to stay charged because there is no FOV reduction.
Whenever I use E-Liters (which is very little now, the charge time just doesn't mix well with my playstyle) I do use the non-scoped versions, simply because the slower charge time means that your vision will stay reduced for longer. The extra range isn't worth it either because the difference is minimal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom