• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Cheapest Match I Have Ever Participated In: Why a Change Must Happen for the Sake of Turf War's Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
I was playing some Turf War with a friend yesterday morning and participated in a match with the biggest knockout score I have ever seen. The matchup was 3 Krak-on-Splat Rollers and me, using my secondary, the Rapid Blaster Deco, versus 4 Aerospray RGs. The final score: the team with 4 Aerospray RGs had 74.4% and we had 8.8%. And note, this was not on Walleye Warehouse, which is the smallest map in the game and the only other map where I have seen wipeouts of this stature (therefore wipeouts on that map are partially excused in my opinion). This was on BLUEFIN DEPOT, a fairly large-sized map! Our scores? The team of Aerospray RGs all had their scores up in the thousands, and our scores were all in the 300s. There was literally nothing we could do. We tried to push into their territory and they just dropped another Inkstrike on us. Even the one time I killed one of them, his Inkmine took me out. There was literally nothing we could do; it was the most unbalanced match I have ever seen. And this gets me worried once the actual competitive scene starts coming out in Turf War friend rooms. Yes, I do know that only the very best Aerosprays can srvive in Ranked Battles given its low accuracy, but Turf War deserved to have its meta recognized too, and the Aerospray is far too easy and cheap a weapon in Regular Battles for the meta to be balanced with it as it is. The Krak-on-Splat Roller was in a similar place for a while, but then the Kraken got nerfed due to this and people began to get tactical about Squid Beakon placement. I think something similar needs to happen with this weapon for a balanced playing field. Either the rate of fire of the amount of shots it takes for the Aerospray to kill someone need to be decreased, because it's too easy to use as it is now.

NamelessCrow

Inkster Jr.
NNID
TylerBlind
I was playing some Turf War with a friend yesterday morning and participated in a match with the biggest knockout score I have ever seen. The matchup was 3 Krak-on-Splat Rollers and me, using my secondary, the Rapid Blaster Deco, versus 4 Aerospray RGs. The final score: the team with 4 Aerospray RGs had 74.4% and we had 8.8%. And note, this was not on Walleye Warehouse, which is the smallest map in the game and the only other map where I have seen wipeouts of this stature (therefore wipeouts on that map are partially excused in my opinion). This was on BLUEFIN DEPOT, a fairly large-sized map! Our scores? The team of Aerospray RGs all had their scores up in the thousands, and our scores were all in the 300s. There was literally nothing we could do. We tried to push into their territory and they just dropped another Inkstrike on us. Even the one time I killed one of them, his Inkmine took me out. There was literally nothing we could do; it was the most unbalanced match I have ever seen. And this gets me worried once the actual competitive scene starts coming out in Turf War friend rooms. Yes, I do know that only the very best Aerosprays can srvive in Ranked Battles given its low accuracy, but Turf War deserved to have its meta recognized too, and the Aerospray is far too easy and cheap a weapon in Regular Battles for the meta to be balanced with it as it is. The Krak-on-Splat Roller was in a similar place for a while, but then the Kraken got nerfed due to this and people began to get tactical about Squid Beakon placement. I think something similar needs to happen with this weapon for a balanced playing field. Either the rate of fire of the amount of shots it takes for the Aerospray to kill someone need to be decreased, because it's too easy to use as it is now.
okay, hate to be that guy, but I don't see anything wrong with the aerospray. I think it's balanced personally. Honestly, the only reason that you and your team must've been wiped out was probably because your team had three rollers and a blaster. Against 4 Aerosprays, you didn't have much of a chance to begin with there imo

Pareto

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
PlusTB
Could just also be on how well everyone was playing. But then again, pushing a team of Aerosprays back with a team of (mostly) rollers isn't that easy when they have the turf advantage. Aerosprays are pretty good in Turf War overall but by no means do they need a nerf.

IsmaR

was tentacles all along
Super Moderator
It's not difficult to beat Team Aerospray. Sounds like you got dealt the bad hand with nearly being Team Roller.

That said, rant threads or threads dedicated towards calling weapons/set-ups "cheap" aren't exactly allowed in this section, as they tend to get a bit too heated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom