• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Checking the Squids on Top

ProphetEyes

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ProphetEyes
Hi everyone. This is something I've struggled with since Splatoon 1. In the heat of such a fast paced game I always forget to look to see who's up and who's down, as well as if specials are ready. I recently have been working really hard to ingrain this into my head, but i can't seem to remember to do it in match.

If this sounds like you, I have found a conditioning drill that is really working for me. It's a 5 second interval timer that just gives a short beep and when you hear the beep just give the Squids a quick glance. Give it a try! It's really improving my in-game awareness.

Here's the link if you are interested in giving this a try.

Wumboeth

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-0266-9981-9987
That's a good practice to have. Another habit I suggest you take up is to open up the map button whenever you die and are waiting to respawn. It's a good time to regain map awareness, placement of teammates, and placement of enemy ink. Unlike Splatoon 1, the map in S2 is very intrusive and distracting since it shares your gameplay screen so opening it when you're respawning is the best time since there's no risk.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
This is a great idea. I have this issue. I'll have to practice with this sometime when my wife isn't around to kill me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom