• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Clam blitz question

Jayy

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2045-0142-7156
The whole game all the happened was we broke each others barriers once. They broke ours first, resulting in 80 left for them. We broke theirs next, resulting in... 81 for us? They turtled the rest of the game and we lost by 1. So where the f*** did that 1 come from if we did the exact same thing they did?

I hate clam blitz. It’s so long winded and makes me just want to give up as soon as they score since it can be so flipping random whether or not our team scores.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
Ties aren't allowed in any mode. If you "lose control" in any of the ranked modes, whatever that means for the mode, and the scores are tied, the team that just achieved the tied score loses a point.

_Koriko_

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3709-6740-5598
The whole game all the happened was we broke each others barriers once. They broke ours first, resulting in 80 left for them. We broke theirs next, resulting in... 81 for us? They turtled the rest of the game and we lost by 1. So where the f*** did that 1 come from if we did the exact same thing they did?

I hate clam blitz. It’s so long winded and makes me just want to give up as soon as they score since it can be so flipping random whether or not our team scores.
So, this may seem dumb, but it's in there for a reason.

Ending up at tie game in very hard in TC, RM, and near impossible in SZ. However, In clam Blitz, it's easy to tie. You throw a power clam, they throw a power clam.

Boom! Just like that you're tied each with 80 on the counter and a penalty of 10. And games would finish with that score sometimes. And cus Nintendo can't just pick a random winner like they would in turf war, they have to make it so that you can never tie.

In come this system, which pushes the team who scored second's counter up one. Not only does this show how important it is to have map control first and get a power clam first, but it also shows that if you're on that team who's trying to score second, take some time in the match to organize a bigger push and take the lead.

There.

Jayy

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2045-0142-7156
Take some time and organize a big push? In clam blitz? You’re kidding right?

Also why should the team that scored the most recent points to tie the game lose that 1 tie-breaking point? Shouldn’t it be the team that first scored since they were unable to stop it?

It’s almost like in TC or SZ- where a team could be losing the whole game only to hold the objective in overtime literally from landslide loss to victory. The “initiative” from what I’ve heard it called for those modes should be to the most recent scorer in CB so that their efforts to score in the last second result in them winning the tie breaker. That way they’d have more of a reason to try and score ASAP as the clock runs out. Otherwise what’s the point in trying if the points will only bring them to a 1 pt loss?

Ugh. This game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom