• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Clam Blitz

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
"This way!" and "Booyah!" really meet their limit in this mode.

Even in context it takes a bit to suss out "This way!" to mean "Hey, help me defend the goal," or "Hey, let's push to their goal," or "Hey, pass me a clam," or "Hey, here's a clam" whenever someone uses it. And then, even if anyone ever bothers to pay attention to that command they then have to figure out what that "This way!" means.

Last edited:

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Thank you!

(Just one more thing that also needs a fix in this mode. Such a joy to be guinea pigs.)

I've wondered that about Kelp Dome, but I've only played there once and that was while playing charger goalie.

I also want to try passing clams over the walls to a teammate in league battles. Or just passing clams to league teammates in general.

Anyone have clips/knowledge of sub power up increasing throw distance?

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
I know in the very first rotation of clam blitz on blackbelly often when I was defending people would just hide behind the little wall things that come out of the half pipe. So then people found out that when you are approaching the basket on the half-pipe side, on the left there is that long narrow platform that allows you to be a much harder target and you can easily jump off and get it into the basket to avoid confronting a defender. I also really wanna know how it works killing someone with a power clam. I really wanna do it I would assume that it's kinda the same as getting it in the basket. It would probably halt them while the football is rotating and they die. Idk there's probably footage out there but I wanna see it happen (and do it myself). The only reason for it to ever be useful is if you run out of ink and you're stuck.

Sifu

Look Behind You
Switch Friend Code
SW-3816-1808-3393
I’m pretty sure you can’t kill people using the power clam

EpicSonicLatios

Inkling
NNID
EpicSonicLatios
Thank you!

(Just one more thing that also needs a fix in this mode. Such a joy to be guinea pigs.)

I've wondered that about Kelp Dome, but I've only played there once and that was while playing charger goalie.

I also want to try passing clams over the walls to a teammate in league battles. Or just passing clams to league teammates in general.

Anyone have clips/knowledge of sub power up increasing throw distance?
I just tested out whether or not sub power up affects the throwing distance of the football in recon. I tried with no sub power up, and then tried again with 3 mains, and there was absolutely no difference unfortunately. I was kinda hoping it would affect it, opening up new strategies, but it is what it is.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
So disappointing to hear that but grateful you found out for us nonetheless, @EpicSonicLatios. =)

If that's the case a power clam probably also doesn't stack with (or cancels out?) any added run or swim speed as it currently adds a mild speed boost by itself I believe.

Sifu

Look Behind You
Switch Friend Code
SW-3816-1808-3393
If that's the case a power clam probably also doesn't stack with (or cancels out?) any added run or swim speed as it currently adds a mild speed boost by itself I believe.
I don’t see why one would imply the other. The clams aren’t sub weapons, so it makes sense that SPU wouldn’t affect it. In the case of run/swim speed, a similar case is with the Rainmaker. The impact the Rainmaker has on speed stacks with other modifiers, so I’d expect that the power clam’s speed boost will similarly stack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom