Co-op mode?

BedBison

Inkster Jr.
So I was curious if anyone thinks we will/should get a Co-Op mode? And if we do, what do you think it should be?

My idea is a wave-based thing where you team up and battle enemy as long as you can. Maybe the campaign could be Co-op too?

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
that would be pretty cool, as well if you could play through the singleplayer campaign with a friend

although since splatoon is focused on competing with other people with its multiplayer modes i'm not sure if we could realistically anticipate it being in the game

Diableos

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Diableos
I'd welcome that game mode for sure. Unfortunately, as FunkyLobster said, the focus is on competing with other players in multiplayer, so it's likely that they'll spend most of the time patching it, and making new content for that. Co-op with up to three other people is fine by me. I wouldn't mind some kind of survival mode in a team of four.

Draayder

Inkling Cadet
I doubt it'll happen, but it'd be a ton of fun. Maybe in Splatoon 2: Squid Boogaloo

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
That would be very cool. I could see it happening, I guess we'll have to wait until the direct to find out. :)

TheSpeedyMouse

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheSpeedyMouse
Definitely could see Octo Valley (Hero Mode's new name) be co-op as the Gamepad does nothing in it. If that is the case then I need to buy a Pro Controller...

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone
I wouldn't be surprised if co-op campaign was implemented, but I'd place my bets on it not happening. It's kinda late to be revealing that kind of thing.
If that is the case then I need to buy a Pro Controller...
Remember that the Wii Classic Controller Pro is also compatible with Splatoon, and typically way cheaper. The only downside is that it requires a Wiimote, but that shouldn't be much of a problem.

Teddy

Senior Squid
NNID
EggplantAlloy
I have my doubts that there are any major game modes left to be revealed, but it would be nice. There are a lot of ways it could go. They could do something wave-based like someone above mentioned, although I have a feeling Nintendo would come up with something totally unique to Splatoon's mechanics.

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
We know it's not going to be in the base game. Hopefully, I'll come out as free DLC or something.

Litagano Motscoud

Inkling Commander
NNID
Litagano
The fact that they mentioned the updates and stuff that will be coming out over the summer gives me hope that they will eventually add a co-op mode.

Terabyte

Inkling Commander
NNID
PokeBoy99
A Co-op mode would be amazing! I think it'd be a great addition. I think a Campaign mode would be the best, though Survival would be nice as well.

Ghinao

Inkling
NNID
Ghinao
I'm thinking of a mode called "Paint the Town..." (or something) where 1 to 4 players co-op to get as much of a map covered as possible. Results would go to leaderboards based on the number of people you have in the party. In theory this mode would be extremely easy to implement as you could just use existing levels. You'd need to tweak matchmaking and figure out a good timer, but you wouldn't need new assets.

Ghinao

Inkling
NNID
Ghinao
Survival and campaign co-op would be most welcome as well, but I suspect they would be a tougher sell.

Rescue22

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
CheckMyAboutMe
I personally would enjoy it. Bring it on I say!
But I can't guarantee that we'd get something like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom