• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Coaching in Splatoon 2?

Darío

Inkling
Community Ambassador
NNID
Darpamo4182
Some teams have had coaches in Splatoon 1, but it hasn't been a normal thing. With the addition of the new spectator mode to Splatoon 2, there's been talks of introducing coaches to the competitive scene.
I personally think that this role will be really important for scrim analysis and it could create a great gap between teams that have one and teams that don't.
Also, I wonder if these coaches would come from other eSport scenes or if they would be former players, I think the latter is more likely to happen at first.
What do you guys think?

Pm460

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SoulSilver360
I think this would be a good idea. Because from what I've seen we want to encourage the smaller teams or newly formed teams to keep going and get better. But, they really don't have the resources to work to get better? I would venture to say that a lot of them want to get better but just don't know where to start. With the introduction of spectator mode this brings a lot of whole new possibilities. So if veteran players or captains would be willing to coach these newly formed teams then those newly formed teams will have more confidence. Though this purely my opinion but having people who volunteer to be coachs would really help.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
Honestly, this is something that I have always been interested in doing. I am definitely not the best at this game, but I have always had an analytical mind, and years of shooter experience under my belt. Unfortunately, I will be a bit busy until next year, so I won't be able to do anything related to this for some time. Maybe I can find some way to make it work, but it is unlikely.

Last edited:

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Video game coach just sounds weird to me. Sure I understand the merits but....
Maybe I should start working on team building seminars and a weekly subscription service that offers bonus material for 'insiders.'

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Though my skills and rank are suspect, I've considered at least helping individuals as I've yet to be part of competitive team.

Meanwhile, the community should maybe consider what makes a decent coach? Not like some official criteria, but what to be on the look for so teams know they are benefiting and would-be/current coaches can develop their own skills further.

Maybe I should start working on team building seminars and a weekly subscription service that offers bonus material for 'insiders.'
Give it a try. Worst thing to happen is that you never tried.

Magic8Ball

Inkling Cadet
Community Ambassador
NNID
M4g1c8Ball
That would be very cool! I know a lot of people have some interest in getting better, and seminars and things from an outside perspective is always helpful. If the community shares their work and makes their advice public, with things like coaching seminars, it would progress the scene a ton.

Sicky

Inkling
NNID
TakeASickyAgain
Glad to see other people are considering this, there's sure to be a lot of veterans/former players like myself who would be interested in sharing insights on weapons and strategies to developing teams - especially considering the time/practice commitment to being a coach would likely be lower than a competitive player as it is in other sports and eSports.

Glimster

Inkster Jr.
NNID
HOPE_Glimmer
While I think a lot of teams wont have a coach,I think it would be really helpful to have one,especially for weaker teams.I know from experience that it is easy to get distracted going for a kill at the wrong moment when it'd be better to play objective.Having a coach would just make sure each player makes better plays and that they'll really work together as a team.I know that I'd definitely want to have one when the opportunity is there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom