Competitive Map Callouts - Flounder Heights

Accidental

Inkling
NNID
AccNinja
Hey everyone! Accidental here, or I should say, DotEXE. I'm just your average NorCal squidman. Anyway, I figured I'd contribute to the competitive community using what I have, which is some experience in the TF2 Highlander metagame.

An important aspect of the meta is knowing which place is what, and so I thought maybe everyone could benefit with having proper names to each location in a certain map. This is greatly superior to just calling to your squidmates, "there's a roller guy up there watch out." Knowing your enemies position is great, and with this map, hopefully you will have an easier time positioning yourself WITHOUT looking down at the gamepad every 5 seconds. A good competitive team needs communication.

The very first one I am doing is
Flounder Heights (my personal favorite map). Let me know if any edits need to be made, and I will probably get back to you!

tl;dr This is optional, but use this if your competitive team wants to feel just a little more professional and, well, competitive.

Attachments

NNID
StarrTheSquirrel
But there are two of each area. So what do you call out if someone is on, say, concrete on your side of the map, what do you call? Considering that there's two concretes, your teammates might think that they're on concrete on the other side?

Accidental

Inkling
NNID
AccNinja
Starr, that problem is solved by calling "our concrete" or "their concrete". Also, I have an updated version that adds further callouts for more specific location tracking. Thank you for your concern, though.

Power

Inkling Commander
or it could just be concrete A or B.(Their or ours may be simpler)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom