Concepts for new main weapons..?

Lemonquack

Inkling
NNID
Lemonquack
Switch Friend Code
SW-6336-1649-9784
I personally LOVE making concepts for new weapons. Though I’ve got them for specials as well, what are some of your best ideas for new main weapons?

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
A stringer with somewhere between reef lux and tri stringer range, that only shoots 2 projectiles instead of 3. Maybe around splattershot pro range? but that might be a bit much. It would have some really interesting weaknesses (like how when you tap shot someone you miss to either side without actually hitting them). And no explosions either.

plantknowsyourlocation

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-7194-5500-0728
ok im boutta get goofy. a little silly even

the Swiss Army Shot
  • tapping zr fires a blaster shot with a lot of lag, decent range
  • holding zr starts up a splatling charge. has a brella shield while charging because it needs MORE
  • while charging, can dodge roll. can do so twice. at max charge dodge rolling will put you into a charger shot stance
  • uhhh idk jumping and pressing zr gives you a carbon vertical flick
  • weapon is superheavyweight because thats a lot of stuff on one weapon
you dont understand my genius. hire me nintendo

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
ok im boutta get goofy. a little silly even

the Swiss Army Shot
  • tapping zr fires a blaster shot with a lot of lag, decent range
  • holding zr starts up a splatling charge. has a brella shield while charging because it needs MORE
  • while charging, can dodge roll. can do so twice. at max charge dodge rolling will put you into a charger shot stance
  • uhhh idk jumping and pressing zr gives you a carbon vertical flick
  • weapon is superheavyweight because thats a lot of stuff on one weapon
you dont understand my genius. hire me nintendo
but what class is it

plantknowsyourlocation

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-7194-5500-0728
A stringer with somewhere between reef lux and tri stringer range, that only shoots 2 projectiles instead of 3. Maybe around splattershot pro range? but that might be a bit much. It would have some really interesting weaknesses (like how when you tap shot someone you miss to either side without actually hitting them). And no explosions either.
i think a weapon with a prong 2-shot thing runs into the issue of just being unnecessarily uncomfortable for no good reason. doesnt add depth as much as it does awkwardness, forcing people to look diagonally to where they actually want to shoot.

:pancakes:

Inkling
i've always had the idea for a mop-themed brush.
Sheldon said:
it's not very powerful, but it's long ranged and quick swings are perfect for mopping up the competition. pair it with the burst bomb to get quick combos on unsuspecting opponents, and pull out the ink vac to suck up the leftover crumbs.
basically, a weak brush that combos well and focuses on team play. it'd struggle with painting and mobility however, and it'd have very low damage swings with heavy fall off to compensate for the fast, pain-brush ranged swings. burst bomb helps it overcome it's damage and paint issues, while vac helps it play around its team even more. probably needs tweaks, feel free to criticize!

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
true
they could be closer together, meaning you'll hit them if you aim straight on, but there's less to the sides meaning for tap shots you actually have to aim still
then the second charge wouldn't take very long because the reticles are already pretty close together

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
i've always had the idea for a mop-themed brush.

basically, a weak brush that combos well and focuses on team play. it'd struggle with painting and mobility however, and it'd have very low damage swings with heavy fall off to compensate for the fast, pain-brush ranged swings. burst bomb helps it overcome it's damage and paint issues, while vac helps it play around its team even more. probably needs tweaks, feel free to criticize!
long range + quick swings = low paint? How does that work

Inkling
long range + quick swings = low paint? How does that work
the globs of ink would be small & focused. kinda like how trislosher has better paint than slosher despite lower range; sloshers sloshes are just smaller and go off to the side a lot less.

Roundabout

Inkling
Dualies that damage the user every time they roll.
- Maybe 10-30 damage per roll
- You can still roll on low HP, it will just reduce your HP to 1
- You have infinite rolls, you will just be at 1 HP after using a few.

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
Hopefully also infinite inkres while rolling?

MedChicken

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-6807-8391-0799
Think Chara mentioned it, but Fans 🪭 that can parry (similar to dualie rolls, but the roll being the fanning parry animation as a counter) and as such maybe buffing the next shot range or something. Vertical and horizontal slashes similar to stamper/wiper, but having the movement of a dualie/just converting rolls into counters.
Not sure how effective it’ll be under Nintendo’s network system but 🤷

Inkling
I think this could be really fun, both to use and fight against. Every roll is basically telling your opponent "i think i can hit enough shots on you before you get another shot on me" especially when you're on low HP. i think for a kit maybe something like beacon(it is going to die a lot, being able to jump in would help) and ink storm(the new healing buff could help offset the cost of rolls during pushes). alternatively a lethal bomb since ink isn't as big a concern since you can roll without it presumably and cooler for the quick respawn.

Tableturfer

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-1759-0136-2311
I want a brush with a variable rolling width and speed, and variable flicking.

My idea is that when rolling straight-on, your trail is very thin and you run very fast, but turning slows your momentum while widening your paint trail. While going in a straight line, you don't deal rolling damage and you barely get deflected when you do hit someone while rolling (just enough to slide past the other player's hitbox). Not only will you hear the invincibility ping when this happens, but the player you just hit will have a few i-frames. However, its max rolling width would deal 105, so you could splat an opponent with a sharp enough turn (probably something like 120 degrees).

As for the flicking, each time you flick the brush, the windup gets slower but its damage and range increase. If you were to get the drop on someone and hit them with your lowest range weakest shots, it'd take about 5 shots to splat them, while your farthest slowest swings would only take about 2 shots. The damage fall-off of each shot would scale with whatever the brush's maximum range was at the time the shot was flung. Cooldown for refilling your ink tank would also scale with rolling and flinging such that it takes longer to refill your ink tank the more ink you've put out.

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
I want a brush with a variable rolling width and speed, and variable flicking.

My idea is that when rolling straight-on, your trail is very thin and you run very fast, but turning slows your momentum while widening your paint trail. While going in a straight line, you don't deal rolling damage and you barely get deflected when you do hit someone while rolling (just enough to slide past the other player's hitbox). Not only will you hear the invincibility ping when this happens, but the player you just hit will have a few i-frames. However, its max rolling width would deal 105, so you could splat an opponent with a sharp enough turn (probably something like 120 degrees).

As for the flicking, each time you flick the brush, the windup gets slower but its damage and range increase. If you were to get the drop on someone and hit them with your lowest range weakest shots, it'd take about 5 shots to splat them, while your farthest slowest swings would only take about 2 shots. The damage fall-off of each shot would scale with whatever the brush's maximum range was at the time the shot was flung. Cooldown for refilling your ink tank would also scale with rolling and flinging such that it takes longer to refill your ink tank the more ink you've put out.
Any ideas on what it could look like? A shape shifting sort of thing like flingza roller does could be cool, but idk how that would work for a brush

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom