• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Connection issues?

Vivian

Inkling
NNID
GrudgeQueen
Is it just me or is anyone else having connection issues with Splatoon? Around the last 10-40 seconds of a match it sudden disconnects.

Brie_no.20

Senior Squid
NNID
belle-noire20
Been getting quite a few disconnects lately. I haven't had them this often before, and I haven't changed my internet at all, so I'm not sure what the problem could be.

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
This happens to me a lot and I assume it's just my internet.
Dunno if it's actually the servers or perhaps you're teamed with people with garbage internet as well- sometimes other people's bad internet causes me to disconnect because it can't hold a connection to everyone either.

Minato Arisato

Senior Squid
I can't even go ten seconds before I get a disconnect. I wonder if it's the servers or my router can't handle Splatoon anymore. It's worked fine before so I'm quite confused.

Maave

Inkling Commander
Had some issues monday morning, several disconnects on Acho-V

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
How upsetting. I don't really want to blame the game servers but I suppose that's the case.
I was really suspecting it to be my internet / others internet that I was connecting to for splatoon matches.

Sparkly Ink

Full Squid
NNID
SparklyGabite
I used to get so many disconnects on Ranked (literally couldn't play) that I had to upgrade my internet and buy the old LAN adapter thing

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
It IS your internet though. I doubt much has changed on Nintendo's end, and combining crappy American internet with global matches mostly filled with people from another continent and you have an eternal recipe for trouble.

I'm sure I sound like an apologist, but the issues we all have will happen with any game that happens to have Splatoon's type of global matchmaking. Best thing that we of the English-speaking crowd can do is up our connections and go wired.

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
If only wired cable internet was available in my area. If only the satellite companies didn't totally bend you over for decent amounts of data. My kingdom for cable net again, I swear...

I usually have massive connection issues on Mondays, for some unknown reason. DCs, notable lag, the whole nine yards. The past two weeks, though? Totally smooth sailing. Not quite as good as when we had cable, but tantalizingly close. Considering this, I'm inclined to think the problem isn't 100% my connection and there's something going on with the servers as well, sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom