Connection issues

Disconnected

Inkling
So, how do any of you play Splatoon 2 with the disconnects?
They happen so frequently for me and it's absolutely frustrating.

Does anyone have any ideas I can try to maybe help Splatoon become more reliable?
I port forwarded my Switch last night, played for 2-3 hours without interruption, it was great.
Get on today and.. disconnects.. everywhere. I hate it.
What can I do about it? Nintendo's servers? Maybe it's something I can fix on my end?
I really want to keep playing, but I can't if I get bans left and right from the disconnects.
Please, anyone, help. It's a great game and I want to keep playing it.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
I was having a rough time with DCs myself until I went and got myself a wired connection for my Switch with an Ethernet cable and Lan Adapter. I highly recommend you do so. I personally had to get a 50 foot long cable to connect my Switch and router, if your ethernet port is in the room you play in, that will make things easier.

Splatoon 2 gave me so much more trouble than the first game did, with DCs being very rare back then. I think it's generally accepted the Switch's wifi capabilities are not as good as we would want them to be.

Also for extra advice, should you get a Lan adapter for your switch, plug it into the top USB port. Beforehand I had it in the bottom port, and I still got some DCs due to the lower port seemingly having less priority over the top one for power usage. (My only guess anyway) Once I made the change I've had no DCs since.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Not much else to say, is there? Lime's advice is 100% accurate and helpful, thread over :P Jokes aside, look into a wired connection as he describes and feel free to ask here if problems persist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom