• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Constant Disconnect issue

4Faces

Inkling
NNID
3Faces
Switch Friend Code
SW-6648-9288-9965
Hello,

This is my first post, I pretty much made this account just to ask for help.

So I've been playing splatoon 2 since day 1, and I have only just started having this (incredibly frustrating) problem. Every time I go to play a match, after a few seconds, or even until just the last ten seconds, I get disconnected.

I know that it's a very common issue, but this problem only started happening for me in June of this year. I've followed Nintendo's advise for the issue, but none of their resolutions have worked.

I want to know if there's any way to fix it or if I can never play the game again.

Please help, 4Faces

Forma

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Forma1
Switch Friend Code
SW-3994-7331-0318
It sounds like this is an issue more to do with your connection. If you haven't already, I'd recommend changing a few things:
1. If you aren't already, get an ethernet adapter - the Switch's wifi chip is notoriously terrible.
2. In your connection settings, change the MTU to 1500
3. Manually assign your DNS to one like 1.1.1.1 or Google's public DNS.
Hopefully this helps.

4Faces

Inkling
NNID
3Faces
Switch Friend Code
SW-6648-9288-9965
It sounds like this is an issue more to do with your connection. If you haven't already, I'd recommend changing a few things:
1. If you aren't already, get an ethernet adapter - the Switch's wifi chip is notoriously terrible.
2. In your connection settings, change the MTU to 1500
3. Manually assign your DNS to one like 1.1.1.1 or Google's public DNS.
Hopefully this helps.
Thanks, I changed the MTU to 1500 and now it's running perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom