• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Could someone help out with my gear setup?

Rieyollk

Inkling
NNID
RIEYOLLK
Switch Friend Code
SW-3302-5315-1439
I'm fairly new to the Splatoon competitive scene, and I figured I'd start by getting my gear ready.

(I main the Clash Blaster and Octobrush by the way. But sometimes I use the Splash-o-Matic or Dualie Squelchers)
So far, I have a Headlamp Helmet with Ink Saver Main and two subs of it (soon to be 3).
I forget which ones exactly, but a pair of Squidkids (shoes) with Special Charge Up, and two subs of it. (Soon to be 3, once again).
And the camo hoodie with Ninja Squid, and all three Swim Speed subs.

However, right after shelling out the chunks for the third swim speed, it occured to me that Ink Resistance may be better. So, I was wondering whether I should put Ink Resist on my hoodie subs, shoe subs, or just not use it at all.
Also, would Tenacity make a significant difference over Special Charge up? And is Ink Recovery worth replacing something in my setup?

I refuse to get rid of Ninja Squid though. And I'd prefer to keep Main Saver.

Any help is appreciated.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
First you gotta decide which weapon you want to make a set for. I mean you can just make a single set and use that for every weapon but that's not really ideal since not all abilitys benefit each weapon the same. For instance, Ink Resistance seems unnecessary on the Octobrush since it can just roll out of danger, and since the Clash Blaster has Stingray, special charge up isn't recommended.

Drew Sebastino

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Espozo
Switch Friend Code
SW-3924-6316-9401
If I'm using Ninja Squid, the first thing I'm sure to add is swim speed up, because at least in the first game, it decreases your swim speed by 10%. I've always liked Ninja Squid because it's one of the few things that puts the low tickrate and lag Splatoon of 1/2 in your favor.

since the Clash Blaster has Stingray, special charge up isn't recommended.
lol

audio

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-1450-5315-0052
I farmed ability chunks during the last two events to stack the perfect gear. Because of the diminishing returns of having multiple slots for the same abilities, I decided to diversify. I have special abilities on all my primary slots, opening gambit, stealth jump, and ninja squid. Then mixed up swim speed, ink resistance, power ups, ink saver, bomb defense. I've been kicking *** since gearing up this way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom