• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon 2 Countering armor meta

Paladinknight

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-8115-4222-3343
Armor has been on the rise as a staple special for teams to use what are some counters you have seen used to play against it

Magic8Ball

Inkling Cadet
Community Ambassador
NNID
M4g1c8Ball
I’ve seen many things including CDS, Bamboo, other Rain users with Object Shredder, and I could even see stingray used to counter armor.

Paladinknight

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-8115-4222-3343
I’ve seen many things including CDS, Bamboo, other Rain users with Object Shredder, and I could even see stingray used to counter armor.
Using ray to counter seems weird since you are essentially using a special that can help with objectives in TC and RM to counter a special people can get 8+ times a gameimo

Setu

I'd say OS zap and burst bombs are both really solid for stripping armor. Also mpu cds (ofc) since it's good at everything and can back up while stripping armor.

Diolass

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-0746-2241-9712
Kensa Luna :)
Rain is really effective at breaking armors and it gets rain pretty fast.
Then fizzy is also super strong at breaking armors cause all it takes is one of the 3 pops from fizzy to break armor. This is even stronger when you run double fizzy builds.
Finally, you can combo double fizzy + rain + double fizzy for maximum pressure and armor breaks.

Also, changing your playstyle while the enemy has armor is also a strong idea. Don't go in when they have armor and just throw bombs to break their armor. When they're armor is broken/ gone, then you can push back in and play normally.
It's all about respecting the armor

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom