Covering bases

Mr.HawK

The Artist
Just as a friendly reminder to those that think covering the base is a "not-so-necessary" thing for you to do then atleast push the other team back. Seriously, i get that this is a shooter But even THIS game has its priorities. I hope im not the only one who wants custom teams to come sooner, players should know this crap by now

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
Just as a friendly reminder to those that think covering the base is a "not-so-necessary" thing for you to do then atleast push the other team back. Seriously, i get that this is a shooter But even THIS game has its priorities. I hope im not the only one who wants custom teams to come sooner, players should know this crap by now
It is more important to secure the middle section and cover their ink because team mates will always be sent back to spawn and they can paint the base to help build up their special before reaching the battle. If your entire team focuses on painting the base at the beginig of the match the other team will probably have you boxed in for the entire match. You need to focus on seeing what team members do and try and compliment their play style. If they rush on ahead? Lag behind and paint what they miss. If your whole team is focused on painting ever corner? Blaze ahead and try a buy them time to catch up.

Bippzy

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-7508-4027-9894
It really depends on the game mode/map for me. For example at Walleye Warehouse I'll ink up one side of the base and continue to the side corridor, because by the time I leave it, I'm at the middle with a fully charged Inkstrike or Killer Wail ready to secure an early lead. This works for me both in Turf War and Splat Zones on this map.

With, say, Turf War at Saltspray Rig, it's much more important to head out and secure the large areas as soon as possible before worrying about the walkways near our base.

It's dependent on the map, the mode and the people you're playing with/against in my opinion.

I do like staying behind in base a good bit in Turf War regardless so I can get my special meter charged in just a few seconds, though. >_>

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
You're right, this game does have priorities. And mid is the highest priority.

Think of it this way, if you don't secure mid quickly you risk letting the opponent push all the way up to your base and paint back over everything you just did. All that time you spent focusing on the base first goes to waste as you'll have to do it all over again anyway, and you've given up momentum and control to them too.

Mr.HawK

The Artist
You're right, this game does have priorities. And mid is the highest priority.

Think of it this way, if you don't secure mid quickly you risk letting the opponent push all the way up to your base and paint back over everything you just did. All that time you spent focusing on the base first goes to waste as you'll have to do it all over again anyway, and you've given up momentum and control to them too.
ya i can see that now

Ohai_Ink

Inkster Jr.
On maps like blackbelly skate park I find that rushing middle and securing it is the most advantageous strategy. When I die I then cover my base with ink as I go. This is just my personal method :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom