Crazy Tower Control Strategy Discovered

nintenesc

Inkling
NNID
nintenesc
This is a defensive strategy that has its benefits in Tower Control.

How to do it:
When you and one of your allies are on the tower, just super jump to your ally on the tower, even if you are on the tower.
A super jump lasts three seconds on air before landing and one second before launching (two if stealth jump is included).
This is effective when under attack, and it can help you get some time to recover damage.

Additional tips:
  • If your allies know this strategy, your team can tag super jump by alternating jumps.
  • With stealth jump, the opposing team would not know your jump location.
  • Edit: Quick Super Jump can help decrease the animation time for super jump, including the time increase in stealth jump.
  • Edit: Try to use it for evasion, just do not spam it.
  • Edit: Squid Beakons can replace allies, but that rest time might stop the tower.
Pros:
  • With tenacity, you can have enough invincibility time to charge your special
  • Can dodge many sub and special weapons, such as bombs, seekers, inkstrikes, and killer wails, even the annoying splash walls
  • Can easily dodge distant attacks such as E-Liter 3K
  • Recovers damage
  • Sub and Specials can follow super jumps
  • Prevents your whole team from dying at the same time, if they are on the tower
  • Edit: You can shoot your main weapon or activate special weapon on the last second midair.
  • Edit: Sometimes when your team is on danger and the tower is a few meters towards enemy base, that last jump can be useful.
Cons:
  • Hard to use against close range weapons such as rollers.
  • Enemies can charge directly to the tower easily.
  • Enemies can predict your jump location.
  • Edit: Hard to use against groups of enemies
  • Edit: Most likely puts your team on danger
  • Edit: Requires a second of prediction
Please tell me if this is a good tower control strategy.

Last edited:

Njok

Bouncer
Any weapon is able to kill you in the time it takes to superjump. They have time to kill you 3 times if you use stealth jump. During this you won't be able to do anything but wait and hope they miss. I like the idea, but i don't really think this works in practice.

Figy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Hummana
I can see some uses of it but using it to dodge (being on the tower and jumping to an ally on the tower) more than one person seems pretty hard because people can catch on to it and if there 2+ people around, how are you going to do anything out of the jump if theyre just sitting around the tower, probably be good for rollers because rollers are dumb and can just fling a one hit kill out of jumps...

nintenesc

Inkling
NNID
nintenesc
I saw the delay of the stealth jump. It makes you vulnerable for almost a second, but it depends on preference and is based on the situation. Stealth jump may be useful against multiple enemies, however it requires accurate prediction.

Njok

Bouncer
I saw the delay of the stealth jump. It makes you vulnerable for almost a second, but it depends on preference and is based on the situation. Stealth jump may be useful against multiple enemies, however it requires accurate prediction.
I'm not trying to be rude, but i don't understand what you're saying here. It really doesn't require amazing prediction to know where the enemy will be. Because in the scenario you provided, they will be shooting at the tower.

The whole superjump animation makes you vulnerable. You can't do anything while it's going on. Stealth jump makes this way longer. I don't know the exact numbers but it's definitely longer than 1 second. But even if it wasn't, you'd have been killed by then. And if not, you'll be killed when you land.

Marraphy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Marraph
I think this might be useful for avoiding a killer wail if you don't have any good escape options

though i'm not sure if super jump outlasts the KW animation

nintenesc

Inkling
NNID
nintenesc
I think this might be useful for avoiding a killer wail if you don't have any good escape options

though i'm not sure if super jump outlasts the KW animation
Well, a Killer Wail lasts 2 seconds, Super jump lasts three.

nintenesc

Inkling
NNID
nintenesc
I'm not trying to be rude, but i don't understand what you're saying here. It really doesn't require amazing prediction to know where the enemy will be. Because in the scenario you provided, they will be shooting at the tower.

The whole superjump animation makes you vulnerable. You can't do anything while it's going on. Stealth jump makes this way longer. I don't know the exact numbers but it's definitely longer than 1 second. But even if it wasn't, you'd have been killed by then. And if not, you'll be killed when you land.

Total time for Super Jump: 4.10s
Total time for Stealth Jump: 4.94s
Stealth Jump w/ 2 main Quick Super Jump: 4.12s

Anyway, my strategy is fairly fresh, so I'm still checking how it works at different situations.

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
The problem with this is that you need at least another person on the tower. There should never be more than one person on the tower unless you're making a push and you've nearly made it to the enemy's side. Secondly, the time wasted during super jumping could be used for trying to kill the enemy team. Why avoid enemies when splatting them is far more practical? As well, super jumping is incredibly risky, even with stealth jump. Even if you do this strat you're still super jumping to a predictable spot. So no, I can't say this is a viable strategy. There are too many vulnerabilities and I think this would actually make things worse because it relies on another person being on the tower, and if that person dies the tower isn't moving, setting you up to die as well.

nintenesc

Inkling
NNID
nintenesc
The problem with this is that you need at least another person on the tower. There should never be more than one person on the tower unless you're making a push and you've nearly made it to the enemy's side. Secondly, the time wasted during super jumping could be used for trying to kill the enemy team. Why avoid enemies when splatting them is far more practical? As well, super jumping is incredibly risky, even with stealth jump. Even if you do this strat you're still super jumping to a predictable spot. So no, I can't say this is a viable strategy. There are too many vulnerabilities and I think this would actually make things worse because it relies on another person being on the tower, and if that person dies the tower isn't moving, setting you up to die as well.
Yes, however, I discovered that squid beakons in a viable option. Even during my times on Splatoon, when I found that fresh strategy, it is pretty situational, especially when all allies on tower die during the jump, so it is recommended mostly against Suction Bombs, Splat Bombs, Killer Wail, Instrike, and other tricky weapons to dodge at a tower. Anyway, it is fairly fresh and experimental, but I found some uses.

Njok

Bouncer
Yes. although stealth jump drastically slows down the jump (ever since Tower Control update), its uses are pretty situational.
Well that also yes. But stealth or not, you're putting yourself in a completely vulnerable posion for at least 2 seconds (and then some for when you land) in the one place in this mode where everyone is already shooting at anyway.

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
I mean if you could constantly get the Kraken and jump with that maybe...but thats unrealistic.

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
Yes, however, I discovered that squid beakons in a viable option. Even during my times on Splatoon, when I found that fresh strategy, it is pretty situational, especially when all allies on tower die during the jump, so it is recommended mostly against Suction Bombs, Splat Bombs, Killer Wail, Instrike, and other tricky weapons to dodge at a tower. Anyway, it is fairly fresh and experimental, but I found some uses.
If you're going to use squid beakons they're far better used as a shield against oncoming attacks. The tower can still move and you dont have to get off(thus eliminating the use of super jump) and you can even attack the enemy while you're still on. As for bombs, if you position yourself on the tower correctly by getting behind the pole, bombs won't hurt you because the pole itself acts as a barrier. Inkstrike you can still die from when you're in midair super jumping. Killer Wails it's better just to get off rather than super jumping.

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
I mean if you could constantly get the Kraken and jump with that maybe...but thats unrealistic.
And you'd be better off just hopping onto the enemy or just keeping your invincible self on the tower like a good squid anyway.

nintenesc

Inkling
NNID
nintenesc
Yeah, just better use it for recovering damage instead because it is a defensive strategy anyway. It is also pretty situational, so I suggest using sub or special weapons directly after the jump as these connect the jump better than the main weapon.

KnightMB

Senior Squid
NNID
KnightMB
If the enemy steps on the tower, it stops. I've already seen other teams use this before, took a few seconds to catch on to why they were doing it, but it was easy enough to defeat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom