• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Cross-over Maps?

RotomGuy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RotomGuy
Do you think that in the future, we could get cross-over maps?

Mario, Zelda, Kirby and Pikmin maps would be really cool to play on.

CoopLan

Squid Streamer
NNID
LanceHS
I don't think we will due to the fact that this IP really deviates from all the others game and they want it to be memorable for it's own content.

BoTalksGames

Pro Squid
Content Team
NNID
BjFauble
Yes. We know for a fact we're getting DLC maps so it's only a matter of time. My reason for believing this is primarily based off the fact that Splatoon was intended to be a Mario game, so at the very least we'll get a Mario stage.

Aiddon

Inkling
NNID
Aiddon
Considering how Nintendo has been having fun with crossover maps in Mario Kart I think it's inevitable. For examples:

-Delfino Plaza (Super Mario Sunshine)

-Windfall Island (The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)

-Tropical Wilds (Pikmin 3)

-C Island (Star Tropics)

-Sea Breeze Cove (Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze)

-Slateport City (Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire)

Pivi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
HeroPivi
Eh, I want a totally fleshed out world before I do crossovers, maybe later in the future or something, but at this point Splatoon should expand it's own world before we get Isle Delfino or whatever.

I wanna fight in Octling Valley before i want crossover DLC.

2xDair

Full Squid
NNID
Elecrogelion
I'd be all for DLC cross-over maps, but only after there are sufficient original maps. Nintendo needs to show that this new series can stand on its own two feet without the help of better selling series. I would be more than welcome with Splatoon becoming a series with multiple installments, but that will not happen unless this game is a success. However, once the game sells well I'd like to see the Inklings in other games too (e.g. Smash Bros. 4 DLC, Mario Kart 8 amiibo outfits, etc).

RacattackForce

Inkster Jr.
NNID
RacattackForce
After we have a copious amount of original maps, and even then, I'd only like one or two. Keep the amount of crossover material minimal for this first game.

Drazile

Inkling
I'd love crossover maps, as long as there are just as many (if not more) original maps.

TheRapture

Dystopian Future Paint Desperado
Admin
NNID
Ya_Boi_Rapture
I feel like we're guaranteed to get a Super Mario Sunshine stage. But I think it'd be cool to maybe take those one or two WiiWare games that had paint or some variation of that and make a map from there, too.

Would also be cool if maybe they grabbed something from Metroid, since that's Nintendo's only other shooter franchise (albeit a much different kind of shooter), but I can be pretty certain that it'll never happen. One can dream, though.

JbrockPony

Inkling
NNID
JbrockPony
The literal map of Delfino plaza with no changes in proportions would be an amazing fit when looking at it from a technical aspect.The map itself is spacious and the water is a stage hazard. Of course, updating the models could take some work but it would be an easy transition givin the fact the wind waker was made with an engine made for the wii u.

Might be ahead of myself, but maybe this could kickstart a Super Mario Sunshine HD ? lol

AceBen

Inkster Jr.
NNID
bigbenlondon
I think Crossover maps have a ton of potential if Nintendo be creative
A battle arena from Mario Kart like Wuhu Town from MK7 would fit very well with Splatoon's style of maps.
A Super Mario Sunshine map is almost inevitable if Crossover maps are announced.
Although this is totally based on my Xenoblade fanboyism, I feel that a simplified Colony 6 or Colony 9 would have potential to be a solid map.
If there was a Zelda map, I think Clock Town would be a fantastic choice, but I saw that suggestion elsewhere on the boards, so from my experience with Zelda I would personally choose the Lost Woods, which would be a very gimmicky stage to say the least.
Metroid would be hard to include, and since I've only played Super Metroid I don't have any ideas, but because I still have Metroid Prime Trilogy to start, I reckon there will be lots of stuff there that could be good for Splatoon.
For the Mother series, I love the idea of a Summers map, since it is essentially one big boulevard with a few little streets where houses are based.
Lastly, I think Nintendo should do a 3D maze based on Pac Man, because why not.

dcooper

Senior Squid
NNID
victoriafan15
Heck yeah i'm pretty sure I mean it an Nintendo game so we should expect some cross over maps.

Nukichuu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Nukikero
Im pretty sure that they will give us something like a Super Mario Sunshine Map, maybe as a dlc or something~

Teddy

Senior Squid
NNID
EggplantAlloy
I would rather see more original maps personally. It would be fun to have Delfino but the game has barely had a chance to show off its own creativity.

Jiggly

Senior Squid
NNID
Jiggly101
I think we are gonna get some, because it brings people from other games to this game. If nintendo really wants to capitalize on this new IP, they need as much of an audience as possible. I would be super shocked if there weren't external IP DLC maps

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom