Cross-over Maps?

Diableos

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Diableos
When I saw the thread title, I thought you were referring to being able to see one or two other maps in the distance while playing on a certain map. Saltspray Rig would be a good one, for example, to just be able to see something in the distance. That would be cool but most of the maps are in very specific locations, often closed off so I doubt it'd happen.

Cross-over maps how you mean would be great, though as Teddy said, I would much prefer original maps. I wouldn't mind one or two but I definitely want original maps first.

Nico Nico Sleep

Pro Squid
I'd like to get as much mileage out of the base game's content as possible. Afterward I'd like to get a crossover map or two, like the obvious Delfino Plaza and maybe the art room from Art Academy considering both have to do with art in one way.

<π.

Inkling Cadet
NNID
LessThanPiArt
Eh, I want a totally fleshed out world before I do crossovers, maybe later in the future or something, but at this point Splatoon should expand it's own world before we get Isle Delfino or whatever.

I wanna fight in Octling Valley before i want crossover DLC.
Yeah I definitely agree. I'm looking forward to some cross overs with other Nintendo IPs. But I'd like to see more of the splatoon world first. I wanna get lost in this world first.

Flammie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlammieLL
I think like everybody have stated that we want a large portion of the game first before we want any DLC.
But the game pretty much screams Mario Sunshine DLC possibility, wouldn't be too bad, somewhere in the future after we have gotten all the stuff the game intends to have. :)

Terabyte

Inkling Commander
NNID
PokeBoy99
I think a Super Mario Sunshine map (or at least some tribute) is pretty much inevitable, but I could be wrong. I'd personally like to see it since I'm a huge fan of the game, but if not, oh well.

<π.

Inkling Cadet
NNID
LessThanPiArt
My guess would they tie theme dlc to important releases.

Sci-fi/space a themed map and weapons upon star fox's release. Zelda themed maps for Zelda U. I think it would be foolish to to build off of the hype these other classic franchises have built up and do some cross promotion.

I'd give Nintendo money for metroid themed gear!

RedML51

Senior Squid
NNID
RedML51
I seem to be in the minority, hoping that there's no crossovers at all. Three whole people in this thread have referred to crossover content, Sunshine or otherwise, as "inevitable" -- but honestly, there's been no indication at all that Nintendo's even interested in crossing anything over to Splatoon, and I'm sort of hoping it stays that way.

I don't have a problem at all with the MK8 crossovers, but not every game should have crossovers. Anyway, the Mario Kart series had seven full games of nothing but Mario. I think Splatoon should have the privilege of having at least one game to its own without needing to rely on Nintendo's IPs to keep it afloat.

(I know I
seem to be making a big deal out of this, but really I'm fine with whatever Nintendo decides to do. =P)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom