• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Curious of Playstyles

Molly

Inkling
So, I'm quite curious of everyone's play style here. :) So like, how do we all play in terms of Turf Wars, Ranked Matches?

With I believe 4 different weapon types (sure hope I didn't miss something I always do xD) I wonder what roles we all play here as a group.
Like for me, I really don't like being up close and personal. So the Charger is my perfered weapon type since it's ranged, and I can pick off opponents with it. Yeah, I hang in the back a lot. I know it's not really good with racking up points, but that's okay with me. It's more of my play style. Long as I'm having fun.

How about you guys? What weapon(s) do you use playing online? I could learn something from everyone. ^^

Last edited:

youthCAT1590

Pro Squid
I'm a Run N' Gunner through and through. Sure I take care of the main objective in covering turf first but when I see an opponent, I waste no time in trying to take them out. Like R_Hunter has noted, I'm very aggressive and will get up in your face to try and pressure you to make a mistake and then... SPLAT. lol. I love weapons like the 52. Gal Deco (my favorite) and Splattershots. Of course that play style also backfires on me sometimes. Sometimes it pays to be more cautious when dealing with an opponent

Molly

Inkling
That's a really aggressive play style~ And as you said, it's best to be aware of your opponent because you'll never know what will happen. It's like they will turn the tide against you, if I'm saying this correctly. For me, I have to be aware of my entire surroundings when I'm sniping, because I won't know when something or someone will pop from out of no where and try to kill me. I had my moments for when my guard was down and I died from not looking well enough.

Molly

Inkling
So with you Hunter, which weapon do you use with that for the front lines? Would the Roller be good for something like that?

Earthhalite

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Earthhalite
I have been playing a an attack and outflank game similar to youthcat, but I've been trying to find a different weapon and play style, some closer to ranged support, trying out the e-liter.

R_Hunter

Senior Squid
NNID
EclipseHunter
So with you Hunter, which weapon do you use with that for the front lines? Would the Roller be good for something like that?
The Aerospray RG, for quick coverage, but i'm also quite skilled with the Krak-On.

If you're going to use a Roller, you'll need to remember that stealth is crucial. Cover ink, but be sure to check the map, so you can hide and set up ambushes.

Supergamer111

Inkling
NNID
SuperGamerSplat
Hmm... It depends on my weapon choice... For the rapid fire guns, I like to focus mainly on inking turf while splatting enemies if they try to get our team's turf.

For the Chargers, I tend to try and zoom ahead of my team, laying down trails of ink that I zip across. Then when I reach my destination, I'd ink the ground and try to snipe my enemies off, usually failing lol.

With the rollers, I tend to do the same with the rapid fire guns, only I focus more on the ink-laying than killing (unless I can see a good kill opportunity).

But the ink brush, mmmmm... I love to rush straight into the enemy's base with that beauty and cause mayhem. Inking their base, sending out inkstrikes, killing enemies, and zipping away when I get focused... I live for that chaos when I have the ink brush x3

Mind, this is my play style in Turf Wars, but still x3

xN1Sx Assassin Bureau

Inkster Jr.
NNID
xN1SxBureau
My style of play is definitely more team oriented compared to my former self.

Which was agressive / trickster aka Mischief Maker! (I still play this way in secret)

(The Assassin portion of my name dwells even deeper into my lore)

May we forge new bonds and propel our guild to even higher lvls of engagements.

Oh yeah, Kraken Roller main!

Skill level in all other weapons currently being determined.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom