D-Pad Command Ideas

Endymion

Pro Squid
NNID
Endymion0
Ok so...I just hit level 20 yesterday and im working on rolling with Spyke for better abilities. Once I do though, I'll start doing ranked battles. That being said, I don't get why we don't have more commands besides "BOO-YAW" and "CH'MON" (considering there's 2 extra directions on the D-pad we could be using)especially when communication is far more required in ranked battles. So the purpose of this thread is to figure out if there are better commands we could be using besides those 2, or extra ones we could have, and how to use them, or how to better use the ones we have now.

-Boo-yah!-

For this...it just feels like "YOU'RE A KID YOU'RE A SQUID NAAAOOOOWW" -made garbage. I've only seen it used towards the end to indicate we stomped the team, and that's it. Just flat out unnecessary. If we won...then we won. If you wanna cheer go ahead but don't waste a command for that reason. This needs to be replaced Asap.

-C'mon!-

I personally use this alongside shooting at my team mate to indicate "STOP AFKING YOU INEPT SACK OF INK" or "WHY ARE YOU CAMPING AT OUR OWN-INK FILLED BASE YOU FROOB MOVE MOVE MOVE!!!" and it actually works 90% of the time. I also use it at the beginning to inspire giving your all and to indicate my spot needs backup, which also works 90% of the time. Definitely don't see a problem keeping this one out of the 2, however I have other ideas like the following:

-CHECK THE MAP-

I can't stress this enough. This NEEDS to be a command. It would incorporate helping the team realize a lot of crucial event such as:
1. The enemy team is flanking us.
2. There's a large spot the enemy is covering we should be heading towards to.
3. We are doing a solid job so keep it up.
4. We need to try harder, the team is stomping us.

Doesn't have to be "Check the Map" also, but if it gets the idea across then it will do just fine, like "Stage Alert!" or "Map Alert!" or "Watch the Ink!". Anything of that sort.

-Head's Up!-

This would be mainly to alert the team of a lousy coward camping in a certain area where you got splatted, also a crucial command. I can't tell you the many times that my team was all stabbed in the back by a deushbag roller/charger in the same spot all because of a lack of communication. Doesn't even have to be heads up, could be more like "Watch out!" or "Careful!".

Now that the command ideas are out of the way, I wonder also if we could expand on the commands and give the commands not only a small beacon of alert but also visual usage on the map? Allow me to explain.

What if you wanted to let the team know you want to go a certain direction? Why is this important?
I can't tell you the many times 2 rollers decide to go the same, small narrow route, causing a rollers ink to be wasted and an extra route left un-inked. If a visual-team only effect would be applicable with a certain command, imagine the possibilities? It doesn't even have to be the D-Pad, since there's a couple unused buttons we can use for that.
Not only for saying "I'm going this way" but maybe also for "Enemy spotted here" kinda deal. What do you guys think?

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
I kinda want a "That way" or "I got over here" command because it is really annoying when you are trying to hold an area or go a certain route but everyone tries to take it. It is even worse when you are a sniper and you get pushed off a vantage point.

Eclipsc70

Pro Squid
NNID
EJ_Matthews
Nintendo has been pretty good with allowing you to type phrases while censoring certain words ala the newer Pokemon games. It would be nice if we could just make our own phrases for the D-pad and map them to up/down/left/right; This would probably solve most problems.

wisdomsprince

Inkling
NNID
wisdomsprince
"Your heads up idea is pretty much handled by the "haunt" ability and the point sensor. Something like "i got this covered" would be nice. "Take the zone" feels like an absolute must sometimes

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone
The messages in Luigi's Mansion 2 multiplayer were perfect. They were (read in Luigi's voice):
  • (Up) Hey!
  • (Left) Thank you very much!
  • (Right) Good job!
  • (Down) Help help!
  • (Tap the touch screen map) Over here!
Man, Luigi's Mansion multiplayer was really fun. I feel like I should go and play it again...

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
Nintendo has been pretty good with allowing you to type phrases while censoring certain words ala the newer Pokemon games. It would be nice if we could just make our own phrases for the D-pad and map them to up/down/left/right; This would probably solve most problems.
The thing is that they are preset so other regions already have them translated.

ShellShock

Inkling
NNID
DaShellShock
If Nintendo will not add voice chat to this game (which most likely will not come to this game, but who knows) then yes more button communication would be a good feature for future updates.

RadioactiveMoth

Squidibli
NNID
RadioactiveMoth
I want one for asking for help, one for telling people to charge, one for telling your teammates you have the path you're going down so they should go elsewhere, and one for warning people where an enemy is. If they added those, I'd be quite happy.

D

Deleted Member

This. Allowing players to use their own phrases would help tremendously with teamwork.

Cukee

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Cukee1
Just give me a ping sound/visual like in monster hunter, just ping and depending on your situation, teammates will have an idea if you're in trouble, there's a clear area left to ink, sniper/flanker, mines, etc. It's the most basic form of communication I can think of and there shouldn't be difficult to achieve.

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone
I found it funny that even Judd admits the communication tools are useless:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom